DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to fix UPGRADING to 9.4.1 from 9.1.1 (and possibly older versions)

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Wanted to upgrade to 9.4.1. from 9.1.1. The process was OK, all items were GREEN, except for the one with Telerik 09.02.01_install.zip (FAILED - RED).

For some reason, I saw the Telereik 9.2.1 (? wtf ?)  version reference as faulting. So I went back, and did a DNN upgrade to 9.2.1 from 9.1.1. This went through OK. Then I did an upgrade from 9.2.1 directly to 9.4.1. -- everything went through OK, and the website worked OK. :)

SUGGESTION: the 9.4.1. upgrade has a reference to Telerik 9.2.1, which should probably be removed or even just renamed to 9.4.1.

(I do have another UNRESOLVED issue, after upgrading from 9.1.1. It is because of a custom SKIN that I use. This is HammerFlex from Chris Hammond. The only issue I see, is that the HOST/ADMIN functionality is broken - I see a gray stripe on the left, but no HOST/ADMIN icons or links. I resolved this, by putting Xcillin SKIN files in the HammerFlex folder, and then overriding it with all the files from the original HammerFlex SKIN folder. Then, the HOST/ADMIN overlay worked, so I could choose another SKIN, which would eliminate the problem. SUGGESTION: there should be the possibility of reaching the HOST/ADMIN section through a normal query string or special URL, which would eliminate this and all other possible future SKIN problems, quirks & errors).

So, as far as I am concerned, everything is resolved here.
    Keep up the good work guys, DNN rulez! 8-)

Veteran Member

FYI, Chris has an update to Hammerflex that (I hope) is also compatible with 9.4.1.

There is also a Hammerflex2 that uses Bootstrap 4.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hammerflex - the 2019 updated version works properly with 9.4.1. Very nice!
        I noticed, that the Messaging section now works also. Before it was "Loading messages...".  This is good, cause I did not have time today, to do extensive debugging. Win-win. :)

THANK YOU!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved