DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Why not add an option to create hybrid app automatically while developing

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Just now I open a topic in general discussion regarding the future of DNN, why not if DNN adds the mobile hybrid app auto registration facility this will be the kick start for it. 

None of the CMS currently having this issue and it will give life again to the DNN 

3ART TechnologiesRegards,
    Rashid Imran Bilgrami

3ART Technologies
    Experts in Analysis, Design & Development for DNN and SharePoint Solution
    http://www.3art.tech/

Veteran Member

Posted By 3ART Technologies on 31 Mar 2020 09:11 AM

Just now I open a topic in general discussion regarding the future of DNN, why not if DNN adds the mobile hybrid app auto registration facility this will be the kick start for it. 

None of the CMS currently having this issue and it will give life again to the DNN 

Can you please tell us more of what you're thinking here? 

Advanced Member

That is an interesting concept, but may indeed be a "mixing of concerns". In my experience, every hybrid/native app we build is unique and tailored specifically for the project/use case.

Let's suppose we ran with this idea for a minute...here are just a few of the immediate questions that would need to be answered.

1) What platform or framework would be used to create the hybrid app? (think Xamarin, Ionic, React Native, etc.)
        2) Within this framework, which language would be used for the hybrid app? (think C#, Angular, Vue, React, Stencil)
        3) What APIs would be used to integrate with the hybrid app? Custom ones in your extension project?
        4) What authentication model would the hybrid app use (if any)? (think Basic Authentication, JWT, etc.)
        4) What would be the generic UI/UX for the hybrid app?
        5) Creating a mobile app automatically would be extremely opinionated, so would this just be a "starting point" for developers?

I guess you get the point of where I'm going with this line of questions. For us, we have "starting points" already for hybrid/native apps, but we wouldn't be looking for any opinionated auto-generation of these.

I'd love to hear more about exactly what you are thinking!
        David Poindexter
        Corporate Website  |  Facebook Page  |  Twitter Page

nvisionative
        Creator of:
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved