DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Could DnnImageHandler.ashx be missing

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Growing Member

Hi,

When I load the Home page of this site (www.flying15.org.uk) I see in the the console 404 errors associated with this module.

The site has been upgraded from 7.4.2 to 9.3.2. Might this asset have been omitted from the upgrade?

What do I do about this?

Advanced Member

Pls add to appsettings in web.config

add key="DnnImageHandler" value="EnableServerCache=false;"

see my post http://www.dnnsoftware.co...ts/dnn-image-handler

Mariette Knap
      Microsoft MVP Alumni

Growing Member

Hi Mariette,

That is already there. I also have;

add name="DnnImageHandler" path="DnnImageHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.GeneratedImage.DnnImageHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" 

Does this make a difference?

Growing Member

The console shows DnnImage Handler asking for;

https://flying15.org.uk/D...=1&h=32&w=32

So, do I assume DnnImageHandler is not what is missing, but the profile picture at the location expected?

And where would that be?

Growing Member

OK, so the 404 error was resolved by placing the line

add name="DnnImageHandler" path="DnnImageHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.GeneratedImage.DnnImageHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" /

in the correct section.

I now get an Error 500. The image being called for is /DesktopModules/~/Icons/Sigma/Users_32x32_Standard.png

However the Icon files were not at that location but at /Icons/Sigma

I copied them to the exxpected location but that is when I get the 500 error.

Any suggestions?

Veteran Member

See Mariettes post - the "add key" entry is necessary (in the appSettings section, where you find the other "add key" configurations).

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

Growing Member

es and I did that. As my last post mentioned, I am now in Error 500 territory for the icon files for profiles.

Veteran Member

Simon,

this is strange. It works fine here with me, but this is not helpful...

Here are the lines from my web.config:

<_ configuration _>
                        [...]
                        <_ appSettings _>
                           [...]
                           <_ add key="DnnImageHandler" value="EnableServerCache=false;" / _>
                           [...]
                        <_ /appSettings _>
                        [...]
                        <_ system.webServer _>
                           [...]
                           <_ handlers _>
                              [...]
                              <_ add name="DnnImageHandler" path="DnnImageHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="DotNetNuke.Services.GeneratedImage.DnnImageHandler, DotNetNuke" preCondition="integratedMode" / _>
                              [...]
                           <_ /handlers _>
                           [...]
                        <_ /system.webServer _>
                        [...]
                     <_ /configuration _>

When there is no avatar available, the handler should show some gray head without a face as the default image for profile pictures.

Hope that helps.

Happy DNNing!
                  Michael

Michael Tobisch
                  DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                  DNN Connect

Growing Member

Hi Michael, and thanks fo the response.

I finally got those lines in the correct place in the config file and all works as you say.

As I went on the say, the standard icons now fail to load with Error 500. I think these are called by the skin and it asks for them from the DNN7 location and not the DNN9 location. I have duplicated the icon folder and contents where the skin is asking for them from. See my post prior to yours for the URLs.

Regards

Veteran Member

Posted By Simon Thompson on 03 Dec 2019 07:09 AM

[...]

I now get an Error 500. The image being called for is /DesktopModules/~/Icons/Sigma/Users_32x32_Standard.png

[...]

Simon,

first, I am glad we solved the configuration problems from the web.config file.

The path (that I quoted) is really strange, and I have no idea where it comes from.

"~/Icons/Sigma/Users_32x32_Standard.png" is some syntax in ASP.Net that it should start in the root of the application (which is normally "/Icons/Sigma/..."). The "/DesktopModules/" in front of it does not make any sense, where is the origin of that? What module are we talking about? Or could that be an issue of the skin, or a skin object?

Happy DNNing!
                      Michael

Michael Tobisch
                      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                      DNN Connect
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved