DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Open an Old Site

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Good day, everyone.

I am new to DNN. Our developer builded a site using DNN a few years agao. We migrate it to Windows Server 2016 and MS SQL Server 2016. The site is working, but it failed to retrieve report from the SQL Server Reporting Services. I have the following questions:

1. How to open the using DNN? I installed DNN in the new server, but i don't know now to open the site using DNN. The default documnet is the login page of the DNN.

2. It seems to be using PhdSqlReporter 1.0 to access the SQL reporting server. Does it support MS SQL 2016?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Edward

Veteran Member

I cant answer your question, but I think that the module you reference is created by a gentleman named P.H. Dobson. I believe I communicated with him last year, and he responded promptly. So, you might try contacting him.

Try https://phdobson.com/
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Edward Yu on 03 Dec 2019 05:54 AM

Good day, everyone.

I am new to DNN. Our developer builded a site using DNN a few years agao. We migrate it to Windows Server 2016 and MS SQL Server 2016. The site is working, but it failed to retrieve report from the SQL Server Reporting Services. I have the following questions:

1. How to open the using DNN? I installed DNN in the new server, but i don't know now to open the site using DNN. The default documnet is the login page of the DNN.

2. It seems to be using PhdSqlReporter 1.0 to access the SQL reporting server. Does it support MS SQL 2016?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Edward

"stupid question" is " SQL Server Reporting Services " installed on the new server?

New Around Here

Timo,

Thanks. The SQL server reporting services is installed in a the new server. The report can be opened using the "Report Server Web Servce URL". Also, The is no issue for the site to retrive the report if we configure to the old SQL report server running in SQL 2005.

Thanks and regards,

Edward

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved