DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

CKEditor on 07.02.01

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello! Before I ask, I understand that DNN 07.02.01 version is from 5-6 years ago and I should upgrade. Unfortunately, that process would be way more costly than redesigning the website. Just wanted to call it out in case that was the response :)

Does anyone have a link to an old version of CKEditor that is compatable on DNN 07.02.01? I found the link below, but none of these seems to work when I try to install the Source Code zip.

https://github.com/DNN-Co...torProvider/releases

The error I am getting says: 
    A critical error has occurred. Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\vhosts\FRONTIERPARTNERS.COM\httpdocs\Install\Temp\mqnv2f53\license.txt'.

Veteran Member

https://github.com/DNN-Co...torProvider/releases

I'm not sure when DNN 7.2.1 was releases, but there are some releases that go back to 2015 it seems..
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks Joe. This was the link that I could find as well. It seems to only go back to 07.4 unfortunately. Any idea where I could find the Editor that works earlier than this?

Veteran Member

You might want to try and see if it actually will install.

That or upgrade your site to 7.4 (maybe 7.4.2 is the last in the 7.x series). There might not be problems in doing that upgrade.

Make sure to have a good backup before you do that, or do the upgrade offline.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

I have installed CKEditor before in DNN 7 by extracting it from a newer DNN install Zip.
            You can get the ckeditor installer from DNN 08.00.04 and install it on DNN 7.
            I did that on 7.4.3, not sure if it will work on your version.

New Around Here

Great thank you for both of these suggestions! I will try out Timo's suggestion first, but based on what I am reading it looks like CKEditor only goes back to 07.04. So I might be out of luck.

Do either of you have the directions on how to upgrade from 07.02 to 07.04 in case I need to take this route? I am trying to find a link but it's not easy to find articles for this.

Veteran Member

The CKEditor is just an extension, it does not have to come from the exact version you have, but make sure you make a backup of your site before you install.
                Normall an upgrade from 07.02 to 07.04 is relatiely simple.
                BTW 07.04 already has some security fixes.
                Also make sure you uninstall all HTML editor providers when you have CKEditor working.

Read this: Upgrading DNN  which describes the steps for an upgrade. Alway check the Suggested Upgrade Path
                As you can see there you can do the upgrade in one go.

Veteran Member

Upgrade:

1. Make a backup of the site. Backup the database and the website directory.
                  2. Download the UPGRADE package from https://github.com/dnnsof...tree/master/07.04.00
                  3. UNBLOCK the downloaded zip file.
                  4. Extract the zip file.
                  5. Copy all files from the extracted zip file ON TOP OF the existing website directory.
                  6. Browse to your site and follow instruction.

If nothing goes awry, that will do the upgrade.
                  Joe Craig
                  DNN MVP
                  Patapsco Research Group
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved