DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

CK Editor - WSIWYG editor hides span tags with class attribute - Is there a way to change that?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Advanced Member

Hi I noticed the CK Editor - WSIWYG editor hides span tags with class attribute. If you add a span with a class in CK editor, you can't see that item in the WYSIWYG editor.

Does anyone know whether there's a setting that can change this?

Thanks

Tom

Veteran Member

Tom,

not sure what you mean exactly, but reading these Blog posts could help:

Help! DNN CKEditor is cleaning my HTML

Customizing DNN’s Default HTML Editor Provider - CKEditorProvider

Adding Custom Styles to CKEditorProvider

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Advanced Member

Thanks -
        What I mean is that when you add a class attribute to a span tag, you no longer see the span tag at all inside the WYSIWYG view in the editor (although its still there in the code) . Hope that explains it better.

Veteran Member

The HTML editor strips a bunch of stuff and by default that includes span tags.
          So, you can submit it in raw mode for instance, but when you reopen the editor, it will be disappeared. In teh HTML editor settings you can exclude them from being stripped.
          Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
          Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
          We just love DNN
          https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 07 Dec 2021 01:36 PM
            The HTML editor strips a bunch of stuff and by default that includes span tags.
            So, you can submit it in raw mode for instance, but when you reopen the editor, it will be disappeared. In teh HTML editor settings you can exclude them from being stripped.

Actually the current version has a bug, youy need to switch to full mode to avoid this for now.
            https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4620

Veteran Member

Posted By Tom Melkonian on 07 Dec 2021 11:52 AM
              Thanks -
              What I mean is that when you add a class attribute to a span tag, you no longer see the span tag at all inside the WYSIWYG view in the editor (although its still there in the code) . Hope that explains it better.

Do you mean visually or in the source view of the editor?
              Is that span an empty span or does it contain any text?

Advanced Member

Thanks for your replies -

Timo I think you're on the right track - I think this issue was caused by invalid html (orphan tags etc ) in the code.

Thanks

Tom

New Around Here

Hi Timo and others,

The problem wit stripping is still occuring.
                  The work arround as you suggested is not longer valid.
                  I edit the not allowed content in a text editor like notepad.
                  Then I copy and paste it into the source view of the html editor.
                  Do not go back to the viewer and save youw work.
                  Then all the code will work properly.

Regards, Ton

Veteran Member

Posted By Ton Hermes on 12/13/2022 3:54 PM

Hi Timo and others,

The problem wit stripping is still occuring.
                    The work arround as you suggested is not longer valid.
                    I edit the not allowed content in a text editor like notepad.
                    Then I copy and paste it into the source view of the html editor.
                    Do not go back to the viewer and save youw work.
                    Then all the code will work properly.

Regards, Ton

In what verson of DNN are you experiencing this?

New Around Here

Hi Timo,

DNN 09-10-01
                      HTML 9.10.1

In the past I used code before in the html editor.
                      There were never problems.
                      Somewere on the line something changed and the html editor strips all the code with class.

The work arround to save the code in source view works ok.
                      It is only time consuming and you have to save the code in notepad on your local machine.

Regards, Ton

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved