DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Strange localization container issue

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Veteran Member

I just noticed on an installation using core localization that in some languages  there's an issue with the containers.
    The portal has a "no-title" container set and in other languages than the default one module do show a container.
    Going to the Module settings the container seems empty / not set.

But in the database they have a containersrc like this: /Portals/_default/containers/myskin/h2.ascx

SELECT        Tabs.PortalID, Tabs.Tabid, Tabs.TabName, Tabs.CultureCode, Tabs.TabPath, TabModules.ModuleID, TabModules.PaneName, TabModules.ContainerSrc
    FROM            Tabs INNER JOIN
                             TabModules ON Tabs.TabID = TabModules.TabID
                             where TabModules.ContainerSrc like '/portals%'

(While normally should be [G]containers/myskin/h2.ascx)
    Which is why the container shows up empty in the module settings...
    But DNN does render the setting in the database correctly.

(very confusing, that the dropdown is empty, but the container does show)

I'm guessing that the PB does this when translating the pages, or maybe modules localization screen?
    Before I invert more time in this I woould liek to know if anybody has seen this before?
    Or if you could please run the SQL on you installation to see if you also have containers starting with "/Portals" :-)

Veteran Member

I have seen the container dropdown coming up empty from time to time. I noticed this when I added a module and needed to set permissions and the container (from h2 to no title in my case). If I then set the permissions and save, pull up settings again, the container dropdown is filled correctly.

This was on a site before persona bar...
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

Posted By Tycho de Waard (SU) on 22 Apr 2020 08:27 AM
        I have seen the container dropdown coming up empty from time to time. I noticed this when I added a module and needed to set permissions and the container (from h2 to no title in my case). If I then set the permissions and save, pull up settings again, the container dropdown is filled correctly.

This was on a site before persona bar...

Right, but my issue is that there is a container set in the database, but in the dropdown it seems that it's not set (but it is..)
        And the set path is wrong in the database as: it should start with [G] or [L]

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved