DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DDR menu configuration

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am setting up a DDR menu in 9.2 and I am only able to display either the entire menu (all visible pages) or the children of the current page. I have used Node selection expression = "RootChildren" or "CurrentChildren" but all other expressions I have tried do not work. I am trying to display all pages that are on the same level as the current page, so display all children of the current page's parent only. 

New Around Here

New Around Here

You can use {root} options to have a try. With regard to how to use it, please check instruction here:
        https://www.dnnsoftware.c...menu-reference-guide

Hope it helps.
        Best regards,
        Linda

-
        E-mail account: [email protected]

Veteran Member

You may find this useful: https://www.dnnsoftware.c...menu-reference-guide

This may also be somewhere in the new DNNDocs website, but I didn't find it quickly.

This may be what you are looking for: NodeSelector="+0"  (I stole this from a website that, I think, does what you want.)

I find it convenient to drop the module version of the DDR Menu onto a page for experimentation.  For simplicity use the ULTokens menu and experiment with the NodeSelector parameter

Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Catherine Foss on 01 Jul 2019 04:29 PM

I am setting up a DDR menu in 9.2 and I am only able to display either the entire menu (all visible pages) or the children of the current page. I have used Node selection expression = "RootChildren" or "CurrentChildren" but all other expressions I have tried do not work. I am trying to display all pages that are on the same level as the current page, so display all children of the current page's parent only. 

We created a (free) DDR demo skin with loads of examples.
            I think you need this to show the current page's siblings:

NodeSelector="-1,0,0"

<dnn:menu menustyle="Menus/02.01-DDR-XSLT-UL-Classes" nodeselector="-1,0,0" runat="server">

Demo: https://demo.40fingers.ne...DR-Menu-NodeSelector

Veteran Member

I just checked on a test system. Both Timo's and my suggestions work. I actually like Timo's version as it is easy to read and makes sense.

The node selector is {root},{skip},{depth}. So, in this case

-1 sets the root to the parent of the current page
              0 says don't skip
              0 says children of the root page

And, actually, my solution works only if the current page is a child of a top level page, so it's wrong for lower level pages!
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

FYI - The DDRMenu documentation has since been moved to and is maintained on the DNNDocs website. :) 

New Around Here

The link is 404. Where are the current docs?

Growing Member

Are the pages you want to display also hidden from the menu?  Meaning, when you created the page(s) - is the "display in menu" switch on?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved