DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Login text language

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am using DNN 9.5.

I have managed to find the Logout text and also ALL the text on the actual login page but cannot locate where the Login link in the top right of the page is actually being translated. The Logout text (top right hand corner) is being translated in the \Admin\Skins\App_LocalResources\Login.ascx and I would have thought the Login should be done there but it's not. I have tried every other resource file I can find but no luck. Can anyone tell me which resource file should work and if there is a possibilty that something else is overiding it.

Thank you.

Veteran Member

\admin\skins\app_localresources\login.ascx.resx

Veteran Member

Sebastian is right (even if this is exactly the file you mentioned in your post), and I wonder why you did not find the text there. There are only two keys in this file, Login.Text and Logout.Text. Three guesses which of these two is the correct one ;-)

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

Veteran Member

PS: you might need to check the skin applied to your site, the login control call might include a button text, which overrides the text from the resource file.

New Around Here

Thanks for your replies.
            Michael, of course I saw the text for the Login in \admin\skins\app_localresources\login.ascx.resx but what I was trying to say is it doesn't work. No matter what I enter it does not change the text on my pages.
            I think Sebastian might be right and I will now check the login control call on my skin (Mandeeps Porto).
            Thank you both for your help.

New Around Here

According to the skin developer (Mandeeps Porto 5), it is NOT overriding the DNN resource files.

Is there a way, I can track down where the Login text is coming from if it is NOT -
              \admin\skins\app_localresources\login.ascx.resx
              Will the html code give me a clue?
              Thanks

Veteran Member

Hi,

I am not aware of a way to track it (except turning on tracing and knowing what to do with this information maybe - I have never tried that for this purpose). You have to inspect the skin file. It should use the DNN Login control, therefore you should find a reference somewhere on the beginning of the ascx file that reads:

<%@ Register TagPrefix="dnn" TagName="LOGIN" Src="~/Admin/Skins/Login.ascx" %>

If the skin uses another login control, you should find the resx file in a folder called "App_LocalResources" in the same folder as the ascx file. E.g. if you find a refence to

<%@ Register TagPrefix="custom" TagName="LOGINLOGOUT" Src="~/DesktopModules/Custom/Controls/LoginLogout.ascx" %>

the resx file is named LoginLogout.ascx.[xx-yy.]resx and in the folder DesktopModules/Custom/Controls/App_LocalResources. (xx-yy = culture code).

Another way to accomplish this is using Notepad++ or something alike and search in files for

[value xml:space="preserve"]Logout[/value]

or

[value]Logout[/value]

or

]Logout[

(replace [ by < and ] by >)

You may start the search in the root of your DNN installion, include subdirectories and filter to *.resx files - in Notepadd++ this is working fine...

Happy DNNing
                Michael

Michael Tobisch
                DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
                DNN Connect

New Around Here

The skin developer now tells me that it does override the dnn resource file and I’m now waiting for a solution from them.
                  Thanks for your help.
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved