DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Site Settings problems in DNN 9.2.2

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

Hi - I'm running DNN 9.2.2 (preparing to upgrade to DNN 9.5)

I've had this issue for awhile but haven't ever found a solution. Here's the behavior I'm seeing:

-  As a superuser, when I click on "Settings >> Site Settings" in the Persona Bar, the light blue loading bar at the top of the page (the one which displays "you appear to have a slow connection.." when page loading takes time) starts flashing (from left to right as if the page is loading again and again). I can still access Site Settings functions, but the flashing blue bar continues through some of the functions in Site Settings (Site Info and Site Behavior) . The flashing stops when you select Language or Search, or exit Stie Settings.

-  Another (possibly related) issue: When I go to Manage >> Sites from the Persona Bar, and then try to get to the site settings for any  site, by clicking on the gear icon under the site name, nothing happens. I can't access Site Settings for any other sites this way. (The only way I can do so is from the dropdown in "Site Settings" )

I'm not seeing any errors realated to this., so I don't have amy clue where to look.

Does anyone know what might be causing these issues with Site Settings? I can work around them, but I would like to solve the issue before upgrading, if possible.

Thanks

Tom

Veteran Member

DNN 9.2.x has been released years ago (and by another team).
      Please don't expect us to deal with issues in historical versions.
      I suggest upgrading to latest version (I'd wait for DNN 9.6.1 around next week)
      and check again, whether the issue persist.

Advanced Member

OK. I thought I would try to fix before upgrading, but I can wait and see if the upgrade fixes it.

Thanks Sebastian
        I was planning to upgrade to 9.5.0 ( or maybe 9.5.1) . Is version 9.6 stable? Which is the most stable release that I should upgrade to?

Thanks again

Tom

Veteran Member

Tom,
          DNN 9.6.0 contains breaking changes due to JQuery 3.5.0 upgrade included, which caused this.
          You should wait for DNN 9.6.1 (RC is about to published, release should be around next week), fixing these issues.
          DNN 9.6.x also contains significant security fixes and upgrade to 9.6.1 should be applied asap.

Advanced Member

Thanks Sebastian.

Do you think I should upgrade directly from 9.3.2 to 9.6.1? And when is 9.6.1 coming out? I'm a little wary to upgrade to a brand new version as soon as it's released. What about if I upgrade from 9.3.2 to 9.5.x and then after some time, to 9.6.1?

I also have to make sure that pur modules will work (DNN Sharp Action Form and Grid, and EasyDNNNews) for the new version of DNN.

Any advice is appreciated about this. And where I can find more info about which version to upgrade to.

Thanks again
            Tom

Veteran Member

In general, you should upgrade to the current version of DNN. As for right now, I would wait for 9.6.1.

It is prudent to wait a week or so after an upgrade is released, just so that you won't get surprised if there are issues. And it is doubly prudent to test any and all upgrades on a dev site rather than on a production site! (Though I will admit that I'll sometimes do this on a production site at off times AND after I make good backups for fast restoration.)

Rule #1: Make backups before doing anything. (I hardly ever violate that rule.)
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Hi - Thanks Joe, I will definitely test the upgrade on a test website and also have a backup ready on the production site every time.

I just want to get as much information as possible to make the best plan, because the process can be time consuming.

I have some modules that I need to make sure they will work (DNN Sharp Action Form and ActionGrid, EasyDNN News ...). It would be great if I could go straight from DNN 9.3.2 to DNN 9.6.1, but it seems risky. I need to get the site to (at least) DNN 9.5 before too long (for security reasons), so it might make sense to get to 9.5, and then after a few weeks , go up to 9.6.1.

Also I wonder about the requirements. I've been looking at this page which shows DNN requirements for 9.4.0 and up:
                https://www.dnndocs.com/c...uirements/index.html

Do you happen to know if these requirements are changing with version 9.6.1?

Thanks

Veteran Member

Check the release notes for the 9.6.1 upgrade. I don't think that that requirements are changing, though.
                  Joe Craig
                  DNN MVP
                  Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Thanks again Joe! Looks like DNN 9.6.1 got released today!

Tom
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved