DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Fresh Install Missing Default.aspx.cs

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Edit by Tycho (SU): The code mentioned below was initially slightly different but that broke the forum post. < % @  and % > did not have spaces. By adding the spaces the forum post is visible again. End edit.

Hello.

I downloaded the above zip file from https://github.com/dnnsof.../releases/tag/v9.3.2
    DNN installed fine.  When I tried to Visit Site, I got the following Parser Error: 

Line 1:  < % @  Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" % >

Searching all the folders did not locate it.

Thank you for any help in locating this file.

Zyxian

Advanced Member

This file is a code file that gets compiled into a library and it is normal to not be on the actual site. Is this all you have for the parsing error, was there something else after this line 1 ?

Also the line on 9.3.2 is a bit different then what you have, can you take a look at your default.aspx file and compare it with the download and this line you posted...

Growing Member

If you want access to that file, you would typically work with the SOURCE code of DNN. It is really only recommended that you do that if you're working with the platform and making changes/fixes there.

If you make random changes to the source of the platform for your own use, you essentially Fork the platform and make it much harder for yourself to "upgrade" as the platform releases updates in the future.
        Chris Hammond Christoc.com Software Solutions
        With DNN since before it was DNN!
        Open Source Projects and Tutorials since 2003

New Around Here

Thank you guys for your replies.

I solved my issue.  Before I installed DNN I had a simple Default.aspx page.  When unzipping the DNN zip file, it didn't overwrite the one I had there (I really don't remember being asked to overwirte it).  I copied the one from the zip file and it works.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Zyxian

Veteran Member

Posted By Zyxian on 03 Jul 2019 02:27 PM

Thank you guys for your replies.

I solved my issue.  Before I installed DNN I had a simple Default.aspx page.  When unzipping the DNN zip file, it didn't overwrite the one I had there (I really don't remember being asked to overwirte it).  I copied the one from the zip file and it works.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Zyxian

No worries, Zyxian.
            We're here to help each other. And glad you found the issue :-)

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved