DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgraded from 7.04.00 to 9.6.1

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

We've upgraded using the recommended path at 

https://dnndocs.com/conte...rade-path/index.html

and

https://dnndocs.com/conte.../upgrades/index.html

now we're experiencing an issue with the login basic settings tab throwing a "There was an error retrieving content".

How do I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Is there a log file?

Veteran Member

At what place in the upgrade process are you getting the error?

For each upgrade, make sure that you "unblock" the zip file prior to unzipping it. To do this, right click on the file in Windows Explorer, select the Properties tab, check the unblock box under Advance, and then OK.

The log4net log file is in /portals/_default/logs.

The Event Log probably isn't going to help much unless the site is running.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

My zip files were unblocked. I am at version 9.6.1 and after upgrading to version 9.1.1.129 from 8.0.4.226 the Settings->Security->Login Settings-> Basic Login Settings section throws the error "There was an error retrieving your content. Please check your internet connection."

It looks like my error from the log file is "Hint 'noexpand' on object 'dbo.vw_UserRoles' is invalid."

I'm looking up the error and have not yet found how to fix it.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

*edit* I continued upgrading in the hopes the error would resolve itself. I can load an older version if needed.

Veteran Member

Are you using any other authenticatons than the default one?

Veteran Member

Are there any errors in the install error log (portals/_default/logs)?
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

I am brand new to DNN and inherited this website. I've determined that the TurboSQL scripts were applied. When I restored the original backup and ran the unschema scripts all of the upgrades went thorugh without a hitch aside from view issues that were easily resolved. I do not know if I am using a different authentication method or really if my DNN is working as smoothly as it should. There are a still a number of errors in the Admin Logs section.

Veteran Member

I imagine that the TurboSQL scripts were the issue. I'm glad you found them, and that you were able to correct the problem.

As for authentication, you can check the Extensions host page to see if other authentication methods are installed and/or in use. On the site settings page, you can click Authentication to see if there are any other authentication methods in use on your portal.
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group
                You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved