DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Observations on (this) dnncommunity.org website

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Posted By Francisco Pérez Andrés on 18 May 2020 04:51 AM
    Posted By Mariette Knap on 18 May 2020 01:14 AM
    I think forums in the format we have here are outdated. I prefer a Q&A format with tags.

I agree with Mariette that a newer and more powerful interface would be more useful (and usable) that our "old" forums. Something like Q&A like www.dnnsoftware.com/answers or Stackoverflow, for instance.

Francisco

I don't think I agree.
    I do think the forum could be improved but IMO this forum server it's purpose ATM and there are other areas of this website that need more attention than this part. (with the somewhat limited resources available).
    Also Q&A cannot fully replace forums IMO and having 2 kind of modules also didn't work well in the past IMO.
    There was a group of users that focussed on q&a and some focussed on the forums, which kind of split the "DNN Community Helpdesk" in two in my experience.
    BTW I do think we need more open questions / discussion in the forums (of which a part is still done on facebook).
    Quesions like "What kind of issues did you experience with x" or "How can we improve y".
    I think kind of discussions would be good to get more community feedback and that's better out in the open than in "closed / not indexed environments " like Slack or Facebook.

New Around Here

Sure, I am willing to give testing a spin.

New Around Here

I agree with Allane.  I think there are too many forums.  I happen to like forums for discuttiona nd solving user issues as opposee the the "ask a question" format similar to that which is/was on the dnnsoftware.com site.

Veteran Member

As a first step I moved all the post under the sub forums of "Developing extensions" to https://dnncommunity.org/forums/aff/17

(6 sub-forums less)

You are not authorized to post a reply.
          Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved