DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Error in DNNGo xBlog when Migrated to DNN 9.2.2

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi,

I apologize in advance but this will be a long post. We had our project in DNN 9.1.1 and migrated to 9.2.2 and now my DNNGo xBlog project is giving me errors. The DNNGo xBlog project is compiled in Dotnet Framework 3.5. When I opened the project, I see following errors :

Error    387    The type or namespace name 'Entities' does not exist in the namespace 'DotNetNuke' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    somepath\DNNGo_xBlog_07.00.02_Source\DNNGo_xBlog\Settings_Empty.ascx.cs    2    18    DNNGo.xBlog

It has a blue underline and intellicense does give me suggestions. I checked it online and it maybe due to version difference . The runtime version of Dotnetnuke DLL is v4.0.30319

So I changed the target framework to 4.0 and the DNNgo xBlog did build successfully. But when I test the page, I see nothing and the following error in Admin Logs :

AbsoluteURL:/Default.aspx
    DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke
    ExceptionGUID:6775f5f1-4e65-40bd-b3b0-3e76220e4884
    AssemblyVersion:
    PortalId:
    UserId:-1
    TabId:-1
    RawUrl:
    Referrer:
    UserAgent:
    ExceptionHash:
    Pk4SMHmHKRS85PsJ3cxrH7SFFAw=
    StackTrace:

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) 
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) 
    at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Pane.IsVesionableModule(ModuleInfo moduleInfo) 
    at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Pane.InjectModule(ModuleInfo module) 
    at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.InjectModule(Pane pane, ModuleInfo module)

InnerMessage:
    InnerStackTrace:
    Source:
    mscorlib
    FileName:
    FileLineNumber:
    FileColumnNumber:0
    Method:
    Server Name: someName

This is a vague error. I am not sure how to proceed from here. Your thoughts will be very helpful. Please let me know if I am not clear. Thanks for your time in advance

Veteran Member

"The runtime version of Dotnetnuke DLL is v4.0.30319"

Is this the file that is in your site's bin directory? If so it is clearly wrong. If this is the file referenced in your build, then you need to change it to the correct one.

The DNN version is not related at all to the .NET framework. You need to set the .NET framework to the correct one. Check the release notes for your version of DNN to see which framework you need to use. That should be used both forthe App Pool and build reference.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your respone. So when I got the source code in a zip file, I unzipped it and opened it using visual studio 2013. The DontNetNuke.dll had an exclamation mark besides it and the path and Runtime version properties didn't have any value. So I deleted those references and added the new Dotnetnuke.dll . How can i get the correct version for Dotnetnuke.dll ? Is there any way I can change the Runtime version ?  

Thanks you

Veteran Member

When you added "the new Dotnetnuke.dll" exactly what did you do.

You need to get a copy of the correct file -- best way is from an upgrade or install package for that version of DNN -- and create a new reference, browsing to the correct version.

You will also need to edit the Properties of your project and make sure that it targets the correct version of the .NET framework.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved