DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Module error after upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello guys,

This week I have succesfully upgraded one of our production websites to DNN 9.6.1, when everything was working right and I also desided to upgrade my local development enviroment as well. I just downloaded and overwite the entire production root into my local one (except the webconfig) and I restored the prod db over my develop one.

DNN is running ok, but my MVC modules are throwing the following exception (pretty strange is the highlighted path):

InnerStackTrace:

at DotNetNuke.Web.Mvc.Framework.ModuleDelegatingViewEngine.RunAgainstModuleViewEngines(ControllerContext controllerContext, Func`2 engineRequest) in D:\a\1\s\DNN Platform\DotNetNuke.Web.Mvc\Framework\ModuleDelegatingViewEngine.cs:line 63

I can debug locally (in VS) and my breakpoints are triggering too, but as soon as the code want to render a view, the error is throwing.

I admit, I can't find it this time and I am looking at the issue already way too long. Thats why I am here! 

Help and advice are very appreciated.

Peter.

Veteran Member

I would suggest starting over with the site migration again and do copy the web.config this time. Once it's there, be sure to reapply the permissions to the website folder and update the web.config with the correct database connection string.

If this issue occurs again, you should check the version(s) of the MVC DLLs and make sure they match what's supposed to be there in a clean install of the same version of DNN, as well as the binding redirects that should be the web.config in the root of the website and the DesktopModules/MVC folder.

New Around Here

Thank you for your suggestions.

I tried the migration again and took the config as well, the MVC / DNN Dll's are all equal in my modules and root DNN installation (I referenced them from root bin folder)

But the exception is still occuring. Are there more options to try?

Peter.

New Around Here

I have got it all working right now, I seems like the /DesktopModule/MVC folder was a virtual dir, I made it a normal folder and the issue with the view rendering disappeared.

Thanks!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved