DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Uninstall 51Degrees

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I have to uninstall 51Degrees from my DNN server, but how can I verify if we use any of it's feature?

I want to verify if it is safe to uninstall. I don't want to break the website.

Please advise and share your experience.

Thank you.

Veteran Member

I think a first question I'd have is why you "have" to uninstall 51Degrees. If you have a reason to leverage it, there literally isn't a better service out there to help optimize the user experience for your non-desktop visitors, as well as generate data to help you make data-driven business decisions about your website related to them. I wrote about this a while back.

https://upendoventures.co...tics-dnn-integration

If you absolutely need to uninstall it, you can. You'll need to make manual updates in your web.config.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved