DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN:Pagingcontrol ascx file

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

Hello,

I want to edit the ascx file for the pagingcontrol because it appears like this:

Notice the "Page 1 of 4" and the "First..." sticks together, and it is really annoying to look at. But when i tried to look for the pagingcontrol file to try to edit it, I cannot find it anywhere.

How can i edit the pagingcontrol file?

Thanks.

Veteran Member

Where does this occur?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 25 Jun 2020 01:04 AM
        Where does this occur?

This occurs in one of my modules that is using this line of code:

<dnn:pagingcontrol id=ctlPagingControl runat="server">dnn:pagingcontrol>

in the source code, but I do not know where I can find this dnn:pagingcontrol and edit it.

Veteran Member

It's a web control, not a web user control. Therefore it can be found in the file DotNetNuke.dll. Find the source code here.

To change it:

1. Create an issue
          2. Wait until someone feels responsive for the change and leave it. Or:
          3. If you don't want to wait: Fork the platform, correct the code and start a pull request.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

Veteran Member

You will also find it in the DNN Documentation at https://dnndocs.com/api/D...s.PagingControl.html

Take a look at the HTML that the code produces on your page. You should find some CSS classes that you can use to adjust the appearance of the pager. That will be a lot simpler than rewriting the code.

If you Google "dnn paging control" you will find a lot of references. The one by MaxiomTech is a good start. I also saw a reference to DotNetNuke 5.4 Cookbook with an example that goes into a lot of detail on using the control.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved