DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 9.4.1 HTML module

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I noticed that in the html content editing menu, there is a dropdown menu for a set of preset fonts, but it is limited to only 3 fonts currently.

Is there a way to add in other fonts into the HTML module?

I am currently running DNN 9.4.1.

Thank you.

Veteran Member

it is not the module, but the HTML editor providing the selection.
      you may edit it using "Manage HTML Editor" button at PersonaBar > Config > Site Settings > Manage > Others.
      Choose tab "Editor Config" and scroll down to Font_Names.

Growing Member

Thank you, I found the way to change the font. 

However, is there a limited set of fonts that can be added? And if so, where can I find the list of fonts that can be added to the HTML Editor?

And is there a way for the site CSS to be visible when editing in the HTML Editor so that changes made can be seen before saving the HTML? (e.g. when adding a table, table appears without colours in the editor but only takes on the CSS colours after saving the changes.)

Veteran Member

Q: However, is there a limited set of fonts that can be added? And if so, where can I find the list of fonts that can be added to the HTML Editor?

A: You can add any Font name you want, but it needs to be installed on the users computer already or you need to add it to the theme (load it from the server) for visitors to see it in effect.
          DNN does not load any fonts by default.
          Google for "web safe fonts" for a list of fonts anybody should already have on their computer.

Q: And is there a way for the site CSS to be visible when editing in the HTML Editor so that changes made can be seen before saving the HTML? (e.g. when adding a table, table appears without colours in the editor but only takes on the CSS colours after saving the changes.)\

A:  Yes, in the settings for the CkEditor you can set a style sheet to load, if you enter the path to your theme css file, you will see most of the styling in the editor. Some Themes also come with a editor.css file with only the styling needed for the editor.

Growing Member

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 03 Jul 2020 07:20 AM

Q: However, is there a limited set of fonts that can be added? And if so, where can I find the list of fonts that can be added to the HTML Editor?

A: You can add any Font name you want, but it needs to be installed on the users computer already or you need to add it to the theme (load it from the server) for visitors to see it in effect.
            DNN does not load any fonts by default.
            Google for "web safe fonts" for a list of fonts anybody should already have on their computer.

Q: And is there a way for the site CSS to be visible when editing in the HTML Editor so that changes made can be seen before saving the HTML? (e.g. when adding a table, table appears without colours in the editor but only takes on the CSS colours after saving the changes.)\

A:  Yes, in the settings for the CkEditor you can set a style sheet to load, if you enter the path to your theme css file, you will see most of the styling in the editor. Some Themes also come with a editor.css file with only the styling needed for the editor.

Thank you so much for your answer.

Just another short one: How can I add non web safe fonts to use on my dnn page?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved