• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

modules from github.com

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 1 of 41234 > >>

When I try to download a module such as the "DNN Events module" I am able to download the zip file from the github site .Then when I try to install it on my DNN 9.3.2 site Install Extensions  I get the message that " An unknown error has occured please check your installation zip file and try again.

Does this mean there are problems with this module zip file?

Basic Member

Basic Member

Hi Rob,

I just tried on my local 9.3.2. install and the module installs without problems. Als dropping the module works fine and adding event as well. So... sounds like there is something not right at your end.

First run checks:
      - Is there anything more in the Admin logs (persona bar - manage)?
      - Do you use the default theme or something else?
      - Is you install local, server or Azure?
      - Any other third party modules?
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Hi Rob,

Which ZIP are you downloading, precisely? You should go to Releases section (https://github.com/DNNCommunity/DNN.Events/releases in this case) and download last version. Be aware that lasts versions of DNN Events module are just for testing, as they are pre-release versions.

Regards,
        Francisco

Basic Member

Basic Member

Even quicker: Click the "Extension Library" link at the top of this page ...
          Joe Craig DNN MVP Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

The failure message displayed when an extension isn't installed summarizes a few reasons. Usually, you don't see it, but when I do, the most common solutions I've run into include: 

• The zip file isn't actually a DNN-specific zip (install) file.
            • The zip file is larger than the allowed upload size on the website.
            • You downloaded and saved it, but didn't unblock the zip (common on newly configured servers/computers).  
            Will Strohl

Upendo Ventures Upendo Ventures
            DNN experts since 2003
            Official provider of the Hotcakes Commerce Cloud and SLA support
            You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 1 of 41234 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            4. No Flaming or Trolling.
            5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved