DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

modules from github.com

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

New Around Here

Ihis is the only options I'm allowed theme or container.

This package does not appear to be a valid DNN Extension as it does not have a manifest. Old (legacy) Themes and Containers do not contain manifests. If this package is a legacy Theme or Container Package please check the appropriate radio button below, and click Next.

Theme Container

This was a module download from DNN Extensions.

Veteran Member

Did you download DNN_Events_07.00.04_Install.zip

from this page https://github.com/DNNCom...DNN.Events/releases?

New Around Here

Yes and I got it to load now my problem is that I can't get a third party module to load. Will only allow it load it as a theme or a container,

Veteran Member

Posted By Rob Greinke on 12 Jul 2019 09:26 AM

Yes and I got it to load now my problem is that I can't get a third party module to load. Will only allow it load it as a theme or a container,

I think it would help us all help you if we could somehow see what you're trying to do and what's happening.  Would you mind using a tool like Jing to record your screen and share the link to the recording?

Veteran Member

OK, I now see you already posted Events installed fine, sorry about that.
            The million dollar question if you get the "legacy question" is: "Is there a *.dnn file in the root when you open the installer zip file"

If not, it's not an install package and you need to download somemthing else.
            Also, it would help if you could tells us what module and were you got it. :-)

New Around Here

I got the module "task Management" from DNN Extensions and they have been helpful with the steps to install but still get the same response.
              I am beginning to think it has something to do with the theme that I had loaded from JUSTDNN their BD004 Blue Construction Theme. because I had a previous issue that I could only see ten extensions in the add module popup window when trying to add a module to a page. Then I was advised to try to add a module to a Xcillion page and all the extensions were then visible. Maybe it is having problems with DNN 9.3.2. So I have kicked to over to them for their response. Still waiting.
              I am new at this and I would really thank all of you for the help and support I have received dealing with my problems.
              Thanks

It seems as BD004 theme is not compatible with DNN 9, as it only says "Compatible with 6/7/8" (at DNN Store). Try to set Xcillion as default theme for your site and try to load extension again.

We're happy to help! ;-)

New Around Here

When I reviewed the module before I purchased it their features listed the module as compatible with DNN 6+ so I assumed that meant DNN 9. They as yet not responded to my open ticket as to my problems with their module as yet.
                  I have built an entire site on their theme module.

Veteran Member

Rob,

From the listing on the DNN Store, that skin was posted in 2017, so it may be compatible with early version of DNN 9. It doesn't seem to have been upgraded, so it's entirely possible that any code-based features in the skin might be incompatible with 9.3.x.

It does look as if they have some skins listed that actually claim compatibilit with DNN 9 but, again, I'd recommend comparing the skin's date of posting on the store with the release date of your version of DNN.

One avenue of recourse is always to ask for a refund, and it should be granted.

From a cursory look at the demo site for the skin, it outwardly resembles many other bootstrap based skins that are available. Take a look at Mandeeps' Porto skin, just as one example. One of my clients has a DNN 8.0.4 installation with over 150 sites and using Porto for all of the sites. We haven't yet upgraded the production site to 9.3.2 (for some other reasons not related to DNN or the skin). However, we are using 9.3.2 for their test site, and with no issues using the current version of Porto.

There are other skin vendors, too.
                    Joe Craig
                    DNN MVP
                    Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Rob Greinke on 13 Jul 2019 08:34 PM
                      I got the module "task Management" from DNN Extensions and they have been helpful with the steps to install but still get the same response.
                      I am beginning to think it has something to do with the theme that I had loaded from JUSTDNN their BD004 Blue Construction Theme. because I had a previous issue that I could only see ten extensions in the add module popup window when trying to add a module to a page. Then I was advised to try to add a module to a Xcillion page and all the extensions were then visible. Maybe it is having problems with DNN 9.3.2. So I have kicked to over to them for their response. Still waiting.
                      I am new at this and I would really thank all of you for the help and support I have received dealing with my problems.
                      Thanks

"noramlly" a Theme should not be able to cause this issue.
                      About the ZIP you try to install, does if have a .dnn file in the root?

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved