• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

modules from github.com

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 3 of 6 << < 12345 > >>

Ihis is the only options I'm allowed theme or container.

This package does not appear to be a valid DNN Extension as it does not have a manifest. Old (legacy) Themes and Containers do not contain manifests. If this package is a legacy Theme or Container Package please check the appropriate radio button below, and click Next.

Theme Container

This was a module download from DNN Extensions.

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Did you download DNN_Events_07.00.04_Install.zip

from this page https://github.com/DNNCommunity/DNN.Events/releases?

Yes and I got it to load now my problem is that I can't get a third party module to load. Will only allow it load it as a theme or a container,

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Posted By Rob Greinke on 12 Jul 2019 09:26 AM

Yes and I got it to load now my problem is that I can't get a third party module to load. Will only allow it load it as a theme or a container,

I think it would help us all help you if we could somehow see what you're trying to do and what's happening.  Would you mind using a tool like Jing to record your screen and share the link to the recording?

Will Strohl

Upendo Ventures Upendo Ventures
          DNN experts since 2003
          Official provider of the Hotcakes Commerce Cloud and SLA support

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

OK, I now see you already posted Events installed fine, sorry about that.
            The million dollar question if you get the "legacy question" is: "Is there a *.dnn file in the root when you open the installer zip file"

If not, it's not an install package and you need to download somemthing else.
            Also, it would help if you could tells us what module and were you got it. :-)

You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 3 of 6 << < 12345 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            4. No Flaming or Trolling.
            5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved