DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Forum software....again

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

Hi Nukers,

I'm considering replacing the Active Forum module with a commerical product.  The AF module doesn't look like it's being actively developed, and it's looking dated and lacks features.

Has anyone got any experience with YAF?  https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET-DNN

Is this a seamless integration with the users in DNN, or do you have to manually synchronize them?

Other than YAF, does anyone have any recommendations for a modern forum that is supported and actively developed?

Thanks

Veteran Member

I would go with Live Forums (Mandeeps) or Simple forum from easyDNNSolutions.
      Both actively maintained, both playing nicely with other modules they sell and both very reliable vendors in the ecosystem. Meaning great support, smooth upgrades etc.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

Thanks Tycho. I'll check those out.

Has anyone had any experience with the YAF module for DNN? Does it work?

Veteran Member

I've seen some sites using YAF. and a quick check says that w8tcha and hismightiness are contributors. That's a good sign. My recommendation is that you give it a shot. Or, at least hang around their forum for a while and see how things are going.

(I first discovered DNN through YAF back in 2006 or so. I quickly switched to AF when it was still Will M's product.)
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

I have used YAF for about two years on my site but as it is not properly integrated with DNN I changed to Live Forums and Live Discussions from mandeeps.com.
            Mariette Knap
            Microsoft MVP Alumni

Growing Member

Thanks Mariette,

OK, the last thing I need is a hacked-together forum module for DNN.  I'll check out these solutions and do some testing.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved