DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Loading custom skins/template in dnn 9

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello,

I installed dnn 9.6 and have skins,modules and containers from an old dnn version. How do I load them in 9.6 without having to create the pages and add content in it. Everywhere I see when a custom skin is uploaded with module then the pages are added and content is added to pages via module. But is this necessary in my case as the old dnn has pages/skins/containers etc. Can't I just load and display them without designing the entire page?

Could not upgrade the old version to new as there are many modifications to the core and thought a new install could be the solution.

Veteran Member

Posted By vish ana on 15 Jul 2020 10:52 AM

Hello,

I installed dnn 9.6 and have skins,modules and containers from an old dnn version. How do I load them in 9.6 without having to create the pages and add content in it. Everywhere I see when a custom skin is uploaded with module then the pages are added and content is added to pages via module. But is this necessary in my case as the old dnn has pages/skins/containers etc. Can't I just load and display them without designing the entire page?

Could not upgrade the old version to new as there are many modifications to the core and thought a new install could be the solution.

If you created a new install you will have to re-create the pages too.
      When you upgrade your current installation you don't have to do that, but most likely you would have to fix some things on te skin and containers, but you also have to do that if you want to use them with the new installation.

New Around Here

Thanks for replying. This information helps.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved