DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Multilanguage site (9.3.2) not working

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Hi, we're developing a multi language site, so we have an english and a japanese version. 
    However, when we click on a link in the menu of the japanes version, it will still show the english page in some cases, while in other cases it works. I have checked that the pages are published, so that is not the problem:

www.website-jp.com => click on products in menu and it shows the english product page (In code I actually see: 

)
    www.website-jp.com => click on contact in menu and it show the japanese page
    www.website-en.com => click on products in menu and it shows the english product page
    www.website-en.com => click on contact in menu and it shows the english contact page

When I change the en-us page name to 'product' instead of 'products' it works ok, but I would not consider that the solution....

I can actually tell from the code that it 'takes' the wrong tabid, and ignores the language...

Veteran Member

There are several issues regarding multi language in 9.3.2.
      If you look in the open issues in Github, I think your problem is there as well. If so, please take a minute to add you analysis to the issue.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

There are some issues with Localization in DNN 9, but none we have not been able to fix so far.

1. If you have 2 languages, make sure you have these Portal Aliasses
            mysite.com, not default
            mysite.com/nl-nl > nl-nl, primary
            mysite.com/en-us > en-us, primary

Restart DNN and try again.

2. Try clearing the entries for the page in the TabUrls table

3. Is the DefaultLanguageGuid of the page correct?
        It should be equal to the UniqueId of the page in the Default Language (which is EN I guess)
        For some reason these sometimes get mixed up on a ML site.

4. Does the parent of a page have the correct "culture" (I guess this is a root page so less likely)

5. When the pages seem correctly translated (when you look at the page settings per language) but the menu only shows the default language, it can be that the language is missing in the Portallocalization table.

New Around Here

I can relate to solution by Timo:

"If you have 2 languages, make sure you have these Portal Aliases
              mysite.com, not default
              mysite.com/nl-nl > nl-nl, primary
              mysite.com/en-us > en-us, primary"

In our case, we have several languages and all of them have a separate primary portal alias.

Growing Member

Look like is It's Fixed on DNN 9.4.1 But There are many bug.

When you generate content for new language, Disable Pages and Linked pages not create and this action will stop in the middle of progress.... 

Also after create some pages (progress never complete) you will see Duplicate Modules in each pages because the moodules that checked "View in all pages" will duplicated in default language.

Also you can not Change the English Default language to your local language...

Multilingual is Disaster in DNN :(

E-Commerce Brokers Website Design and Ecommerce Solution Best Regards
            Armin Rahimian

E-Commerce Brokers
            DNN Services in Middle East
            https://www.ecb.ir

Veteran Member

Posted By Armin Rahimian on 12 Nov 2019 05:20 PM

When you generate content for new language, Disable Pages and Linked pages not create and this action will stop in the middle of progress.... 

Also after create some pages (progress never complete) you will see Duplicate Modules in each pages because the moodules that checked "View in all pages" will duplicated in default language.

Please note that lots of times when there's issue with ML it's due to DB issues.
              (erros in the page structure)
              I'm not saying there are no bugs or limitations, but we have multiple clients using ML on their sites and in general it works OK.

If you have reproducable issues with ML, please describe them clearly and log them on Github.

Growing Member

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 14 Nov 2019 10:18 AM
                Posted By Armin Rahimian on 12 Nov 2019 05:20 PM

Please note that lots of times when there's issue with ML it's due to DB issues.
                (erros in the page structure)
                I'm not saying there are no bugs or limitations, but we have multiple clients using ML on their sites and in general it works OK.

If you have reproducable issues with ML, please describe them clearly and log them on Github.

Thank you dear Timo

Yes I have. Actualy I'm DNN website deigner for more than 10 years and I knew DNN abilities. but most of time DNN had and have bugs on ML system.

For example in Release 9.4.1, DNN can not generate content for Disable Pages or Linked pages. Create Content for new Languages will happen just for Standard Pages.

It was the first bug and need to fix, and Second things is hen you generat new language contents, you will see Duplicate Modules (vew on all pages modules only) in your first current language! and you should remove second modules!

both are very critical bug for ML system.

Armin Rahimian

E-Commerce Brokers

Veteran Member

Ok, can you post the links to the GitHub issues here?
                  Thanks, Timo

Growing Member

Ok, I should report this issue to Github, then I'll send link here to you.

Armin Rahimian

E-Commerce Brokers

Growing Member

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 15 Nov 2019 03:21 AM

Ok, can you post the links to the GitHub issues here?
                      Thanks, Timo

https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/3300

Armin Rahimian

E-Commerce Brokers
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved