DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Containers ignored by Evoq Basic

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I have a module "BannerPageTitleCenter" to apply the Title of the module centered over the module. Adding BannerPageTitleCenter.css = doesn't read the styles. Adding container.css with relevant classes = don't read the styles. Add classes to skin = only way so far to see styles. I have not yet programmed the pane to use the specific container, but I also wonder that it won't work because... it's seeing the Xcillion/Cavalier containers as default, even though my theme is default. In Themes, my containers are not available to select.

Containers in Themes 1

All themes available

oh, let's change to Site just to eliminate the detrius....

no themes now?

Ok, let's see what the page says

no containers available

thanks

Veteran Member

Double check: your containers should not be in the skin directory. But in /httpdocs/Portals/_default
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Installing as  theme extension is not the best for our workflow, so we've been adding Containers and Skins folders.

manually added folders

Do the folder names need to be identical? In the past, I know sometimes that has caused issues (it might have been DNN 5) so my practice is to name folders precisely - Containers_ClientName and Skins_ClientName. But then again, it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

thank you!

Veteran Member

You can name the folders any way you want, there are no real restriction, but a logical naming like you use does help to keep things organised.

Veteran Member

Posted By James Howlett on 23 Jul 2020 02:39 PM

I have a module "BannerPageTitleCenter" to apply the Title of the module centered over the module. Adding BannerPageTitleCenter.css = doesn't read the styles. Adding container.css with relevant classes = don't read the styles. Add classes to skin = only way so far to see styles. I have not yet programmed the pane to use the specific container, but I also wonder that it won't work because... it's seeing the Xcillion/Cavalier containers as default, even though my theme is default. In Themes, my containers are not available to select.

Please note that after adding these "extra CSS files" you need to restart DNN as the exisitance of these files is cached for performance reasons.
            Also first test if the files are loaded in the browser console (F12).

New Around Here

The app pool recycles every night, so today, container.css was being used, but not the BannerTitleLeft.css. But looking above, you have /httpdocs/Portals/_default ... Since we have multiple portals, can you confirm that the following would be correct?
              https://mydevsite.com/Portals/Clientportal/Containers/ClientContainers/BannerTitleLeft.ascx

Thank you!

Veteran Member

Probably not, but you would need to know where that file is located.

The "standard" arrangement for Themes (skins) and Containers is:

Portals
                _default
                Containers
                Theme1Containers
                Theme2Containers
                Skins
                Theme1
                Theme2

These are called "Global" Themes (skins) and Containers, and are available to any portal.

A similar set of Skins and Containers folders can be set up in the Portals/N folders (N is the portal number). These are local Themes and Containers and are only available to that portal.

Typically, Theme and Container folder are put in the _default directory. If there is a reason to make a theme or container visible only to a particular portal, then you would put those folders in the portal's folder. If you don't have that requirement, then you'll save yourself a lot of potential confusion by putting themes and containers in the global (_default) folder.

Note that the folder that contains Themes is named Skins for historical reasons -- the were called Skins up until a few years ago. This caused it's own set of confusions.

So, create a folder for each skin in the Skins folder and a folder for each set of containers in the Containers folder.

I hope that this helps.
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By James Howlett on 24 Jul 2020 04:18 PM

The app pool recycles every night, so today, container.css was being used, but not the BannerTitleLeft.css. But looking above, you have /httpdocs/Portals/_default ... Since we have multiple portals, can you confirm that the following would be correct?
                  https://mydevsite.com/Portals/Clientportal/Containers/ClientContainers/BannerTitleLeft.ascx

Thank you!

If the css file is:

https://mydevsite.com/Portals/Clientportal/Containers/ClientContainers/BannerTitleLeft.css, that shoudl be correct.

New Around Here

That is what I have so :(

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved