DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Issues installing DNN 7.4.2

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi, I'm trying to install the DNN 7.4.2 and then add a few template files, data providers from an old dnn version. I  got this error during the install process. Any information regarding this will be helpful. Can provide additional information if needed. Thanks.

DotNetNuke <!--StartFragment-->

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 154:                        FolderMappingsConfigController.Instance.SaveConfig(installConfig.FolderMappingsSettings);
    Line 155:                    }
    Line 156:                    Upgrade.Upgrade.InstallDNN(strProviderPath);
    Line 157:                    //remove en-US from portal if installing in a different language
    Line 158:                    if (!installConfig.InstallCulture.Equals("en-us", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))

DotNetNuke <!--StartFragment-->Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FolderManager.ClearFolderProviderCachedLists(Int32 portalId) +138
       DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FolderManager.GetMergedTree(Int32 portalId, String relativePath, Boolean isRecursive) +135
       DotNetNuke.Services.FileSystem.FolderManager.Synchronize(Int32 portalId, String relativePath, Boolean isRecursive, Boolean syncFiles) +189
       DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade.InstallFiles(XmlDocument xmlDoc, Boolean writeFeedback) +265
       DotNetNuke.Services.Upgrade.Upgrade.InstallDNN(String strProviderPath) +282
       DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.InstallApplication() in c:\xx\WebSite\Install\Install.aspx.cs:156
       DotNetNuke.Services.Install.Install.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\xx\WebSite\Install\Install.aspx.cs:498
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +61
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +693

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0

<!--EndFragment-->

Veteran Member

Are you trying to do a clean install?

Is it possible that you are trying to INSTALL but using an UPGRADE package?

How far into the install process did it get?

(These days, I use nvQuickSite for all installs (or at least those for which I have access to the server command line). It keeps me from making mistakes, and sets everything up perfectly.)
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

No, I did not do a upgrade, I just grabbed install.zip from dnn website unpacked it and then installed with some other custom templates and data providers. This error looks like the upgrade.upgrade(strproviderpath) in the dnn install.cs component, either did not get a value or did not get required params. Do you know what might cause these issues when installing dnn? I tried to clear cache and do a fresh install but this seems to be coming again.

Veteran Member

Did you Unblock the file before extracting files?
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved