DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

System Exception: IsSystem

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

We are running under DNN Release 09.04.04 and are receivng a fatal error continuously and with many modules, including the base DNN installation as shown below:

What is the cause of this exception and how is it repaired?

08/17/2020 12:54:19

General Exception

The Villages Woodworkers Club 

AbsoluteURL /localvwc/Default.aspx DefaultDataProvider DotNetNuke.Data.Sql 

AbsoluteURL:/localvwc/Default.aspx

DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID:f20c3ca3-9989-47c4-ad99-ed6f9ea6377b

AssemblyVersion:

PortalId:-1

UserId:-1

TabId:-1

RawUrl:

Referrer:

UserAgent:

ExceptionHash:Nk4I1Bqc86r3nSp4HxRGtk2XjBM=

StackTrace:

at System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_Item(String name)
       at DotNetNuke.Entities.Tabs.TabInfo.Fill(IDataReader dr)
       at DotNetNuke.Common.Utilities.CBO.FillObjectFromReader(Object objObject, IDataReader dr)

InnerMessage:

InnerStackTrace:

Source:System.Data

FileName:

FileLineNumber:0

FileColumnNumber:0

Method:

Server Name: HansPC

New Around Here

The following is the corresponding entry in the Logs directory:
      2020-08-17 12:54:19,279 [HansPC][Thread:32][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - System.IndexOutOfRangeException: IsSystem
      at System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name)
      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_Item(String name)
      at DotNetNuke.Entities.Tabs.TabInfo.Fill(IDataReader dr)
      at DotNetNuke.Common.Utilities.CBO.FillObjectFromReader(Object objObject, IDataReader dr)

Veteran Member

Have you recently upgraded DNN? If so, from which version?
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Joe,

We upgraded many months ago starting with 08.04 then up through the revisons to 09.04.04.

Veteran Member

Can I also assume that you upgraded modules, too?
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Joe,

to the best of my knowledge, I have upgraded all of the modules.  Though, there is no listing that I know of that provides this type of information.

Growing Member

In the log entry, there is a reference to the Tabs table. From a distance it appears DNN is attempting to access the Tabs table and having a problem reading it as expected. I would try to recall my actions regarding making & renaming & deleting pages. I would especially investigate modules you have used that do these things. And eventually I would look at the Tabs table directly and compare it to another instance of DNN or to a backup without the problem to make sure all the fields are there and spelled correctly. I would also have a keen look at the data in the Tabs table to look for outliers in the data that don't match the other entries in the same column.

New Around Here

Mark

Thank you for the hints at a solution.  I will review the TABS table and compare it with the mirror site operating under 8.0.4.

Veteran Member

As for module versions, see the Extensions page in the Persona Bar. The installed version of each module is listed. You can check to verify that all modules are compatible with your version of DNN. The modules installed with DNN 9.4.4 should (with maybe a couple of exceptions) also be denoted as versions 9.4.4.

Check modules on GitHub. Most community modules are at https://github.com/DNNCommunity.

If you have any commercial modules, check with the vendor.

For other modules, check with the developer.
                    Joe Craig
                    DNN MVP
                    Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Mark,

I reviewed the entries in the TABS table and found some anomalies.  Also, I emptied the page references in the Recycle Bin, some of which were from 2017.  I am still getting the IsSystem error. 

So, my question is on the TABS table the IsSystem column is either 1 or 0.  However, ALL of the entries in the TABS table for IsSystem are 0.  Is this correct or should the pages referencing the Host or Admin sections be identified with a value of 1?

Joe,

I am reviewing each of the modules to ensure they have been released for DNN Release 9.x.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved