DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Edit Content doesn't load content

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

DNN upgraded from 9.2.2 to 9.4.4 using DNNConnect.CKE 1.0.7 with no other providers installed on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge (cleaned cache too) portals show a blank Edit Content when editing the content of an area.  You can't click into the text area to do anything either.  If you click the Source button in the top left you can see all the source for what should be there but once you go back to normal view mode it's still blank.  On a test copy of the website I installed the latest DNNConnect.CKE 1.1.0 but that didn't resolve the issue.

I accidentally found a solution in that if you grab not the edit box expand icon but the window the edit box is in triple expand arrow in the bottom right and stretch it by about an inch then viola, all of the content appears and can be edited.

I looked through the release notes for 9.5/9.6/9.7 but I didn't see anything saying this was fixed in those versions but was curious if anyone had run across this before and knew a more permanent resolution?

Veteran Member

I would document this and submit as a bug report on GitHub.

I don't think that I've ever seen or heard this particular issue.

You might want to clear your browser's cache and see if that makes it go away.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

I did try clearing the browser cache and that didn't fix it either. I had two developers who had never been to the website test too and they had the same behavior. When I get some time I'll go make a GitHub bug.

Growing Member

Leith, I'll back you. I have seen that myself at times. I had not discovered the temporary fix that you shared, so thank you for that! 

New Around Here

I've made a bug in GitHub for this.

https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4037

New Around Here

I updated to DNN 9.7.0 since they didn't want to support 9.4.4 (which is understandable) and the same issue exists under the website upgraded to the 9.7.0 version.

Growing Member

Since the issue remains, it makes me think that this might be a theme issue. At the moment I can't remember which of my sites has this issue. I hope to run across it soon. But if you were to investigate the possibility that it is a theme issue, I think you should change the theme for the host default, clear the cache and test.

New Around Here

I talked to the developers and they said the portals having issues were based off an older Xcillion skin.  I asked them to merge compare an updated version of Xcillion against their custom skins to see if that fixes the issue.

New Around Here

We swapped over the website to use the built in Xcillion and the issue still continues on the portals that were having problems before. They closed my case on github so guess I'm not going to get any help from there.

Veteran Member

Are there any errors? Check Admin Log, log4 net logs in portals/_default/logs and also the browser's console window.
                      Joe Craig
                      DNN MVP
                      Patapsco Research Group
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved