DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Edit Content doesn't load content

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

What was the issue number on GitHub?
    Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

It still could be a theme issue. I suggest that you copy the page and put the copy out of reach to the public so you can work with it unnoticed. Then on the copy, remove all other modules from the page then try changing the theme to several other themes, and make sure you chage the container several times. When changing the container, also test containers from other themes. Test the visibility of your content in the HTML module in edit mode with each incremental change that you make.

New Around Here

I'm working on a development copy of the production system so I can muck around with changes. Our developers are in the middle of a project right now so I'll try all these suggestions and look for errors once they're done.

Growing Member

I just had a similar issue to this one and remembered this thread. The solution this time was to click the link to "Custom Editor Options" at the bottom of the HTML editor (in edit content mode) and reset the height and width to appropriate numbers. My numbers were extremely small for some reason. I suspect they had been edited incorrectly. I tried 1058px and 400px successfully.

New Around Here

Posted By Mark Buelsing on 24 Nov 2020 12:15 PM
            I just had a similar issue to this one and remembered this thread. The solution this time was to click the link to "Custom Editor Options" at the bottom of the HTML editor (in edit content mode) and reset the height and width to appropriate numbers. My numbers were extremely small for some reason. I suspect they had been edited incorrectly. I tried 1058px and 400px successfully.

I went looking at portals that fail and they were set to width = 99% and height = 200 px which is what portals working are also set to.  I tried changing the values to the ones you suggested and a variety of other options.  It just made the box change size but still no text in it by default.  Dragging it to resize still workes to make it appear.

Veteran Member

I have seen this before, not sure if your issue is the same.
              My "issue" was that the doctype was html 4 and not 5 and CKEditor is not supported in an HTML 4 doctype.
              Please check in you browser console (F12)  if the iframe for the editor has an HTML 5 doctype.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
              Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved