DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

IIS Cannot access resource install/UpgradeWizard.aspx

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am following the DNN upgrade path as recommended on the community site.

But after  DNN 9.3.2 zip is extracted over the current DNN 9.01.01 installation , I can't access install/UpgradeWizard.aspx

The directory /install is however accessible 

I am getting the below error, can someone help ?

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /install/UpgradeWizard.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3282.0

Veteran Member

Visit http(s)://yourdomain.com/install/install.aspx?mode=upgrade to initiate the upgrade.

https://dnndocs.com/conte...nn-platform-upgrades

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Same error

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /install/install.aspx

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3282.0

Veteran Member

Is the file actually missing from that directory?

If I were in your shoes, I would revert back to the 9.1.1 installation and verify that it is working. Then I would check to see that your upgrade package is unblocked, and then extract it over the 9.1.1 installation.

Before starting off the upgrade, verify that the install directory is populated correctly by comparing it to what is in the upgrade package.

Then try the upgrade again.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Make sure you've unzipped the upgrade package, and not the install package. I've been wrong sometimes and got that same error.

Francisco

Veteran Member

In addition to Francicso's post: If you unzipped the install package over the existing site, make sure to restore the web.config before you continue, otherwise you will run into a mess with your user accounts...

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Also, don't forget to unblock the upgrade zip file before attempting to use it for the upgrade.  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved