DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Ultra Slow

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

Hello

I have reecently installed a DNN 9.7.0 onto a live server. I have removed the content from the default home page and put a "Site under Construction" message. So far I have begun to create a page.   Thus the site does not contain content or images, yet it is unbelieveably slow.   

Further it will display on Firefox browser, with a site insecure icon in the address bar. However when trying to view on a Chrome browser the page is only partly displaying and it shows 404 error page with this message (see below) 

Sorry, the page you are looking for cannot be found and might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. It is recommended that you start again from the homepage. Feel free to contact us if the problem persists or if you cannot find what you’re looking for.

Please advise. 

Veteran Member

You are going to have to tell us more.

Do you have an SSL certificate installed? In DNN have you Enabled SSL? Have you checked the "Enforced" button?

Are you willing to share the URL for the site?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Hi Joe
        Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your assistance.

I do not have an SSL certificate, I am not sure if I need one, as it is not a retail site.
        I have not enabled SSL in DNN, where is it located, is this only required if I have the certificate?
        No I have not checked the "Enforce" button, where is it located? I didn't know I needed to enforce it because when DNN was on my local machine, it ran at normal speed.

The website is: www.stephenpinder.co.uk

Thanks
        Joyce

Veteran Member

If you don't have an SSL certificate, the other questions about SSL are not important. Not having an SSL certificate is why FIrefox shows the site as insecure. These days with free and good quality SSL certificates, there no reason to not do it.

I can see your site with both Chrome and Firefox.

Try clearing the Chrome browser cache and see if that helps.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Joyce on 05 Sep 2020 02:51 AM
            [...]
            I do not have an SSL certificate, I am not sure if I need one, as it is not a retail site.
            [...]

I wrote a blog article about this a while ago, but it is still valid...

Happy DNNing!
            Michael

Michael Tobisch
            DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
            DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Speed can be several things.
              You might be on a server with limited specs or on a shared server that has not appointed to with many ram/cpu.

An SSL certificate will also be awarded by Google regarding SEO. Or better said, if you do not have that, you get a penalty. If you host at DNN4less or Managed, there is a way to use the free Let's encrypt certificates.
              Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
              Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
              We just love DNN
              https://www.tjeps.com
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved