DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Persona Bar - Edit / add module bar wont appear

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi All,

I was just mirgrating a few websites from DNN7 to DNN9.2.2. I was able to export and import 2 websites fine, no issues.

Until I started to export my 3rd website.. 
    There was an error during export (something around permissions not being set), the template and resource file had still been created, so I went ahead and created a new site (in DNN 9.2.2, yes I shouldnt of done this with something that error-ed) with the exported template. the only difference with this export is that it had EasyDNNnews module.

When I ran the import, the site / portal did not get created, A error occurred with no report in admin logs. The persona side bar appears, but when you press the edit mode pencil, nothing happens, no bar along the bottom, no button to add new modules. any ideas to why this may not be working?

I have tried to update / re-install DNN9 but no luck, any ideas on how to get this Persona Bar working.

New Around Here

Hi All, This is the only error I seem to have reiceved in admin logs

AbsoluteURL:/API/PersonaBar/Sites/CreatePortal
      DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke
      ExceptionGUID:d1b1e469-3f93-4ca5-873a-3a86c738df7d
      AssemblyVersion:
      PortalId:-1
      UserId:-1
      TabId:-1
      RawUrl:
      Referrer:
      UserAgent:
      ExceptionHash:VRq1OEc//e0I2hArCLLPesY3cV0=
      Message:Transaction failed. The server response was: 5.7.1 : Relay access denied
      StackTrace:
      at System.Net.Mail.RecipientCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception) at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message) at DotNetNuke.Services.Mail.Mail.SendMailInternal(MailMessage mailMessage, String subject, String body, MailPriority priority, MailFormat bodyFormat, Encoding bodyEncoding, IEnumerable`1 attachments, String smtpServer, String smtpAuthentication, String smtpUsername, String smtpPassword, Boolean smtpEnableSSL)
      InnerMessage:

InnerStackTrace:
      Source:System
      FileName:
      FileLineNumber:0
      FileColumnNumber:0
      Method:
      Server Name: WebVM

Veteran Member

In my experience import and export of portals generally works best between installations with the same DNN version.

I don't think I would trust a portal import that semi-failed.
        We have had that once before and it lead to lots of issues later in the process.
        We managed to fix them in the end, but there was a lot of SQL involved.
        I there a reason you are not upgrading the DNN 7 install to 9?

When the PB soes not function, this is mostly a Javascript issue.
        Are there any errors in theConsole (F12)

New Around Here

Hi Timo,
          Yes I totally agree with your points there, handing this was sloopy. Exporting and importing was just going to save time (which it has in the past)

Reason for not upgrading DNN 7 to 9, mainly because we have over 30 sites with custom modules we would rather not brake live websites with possible updates. with migrating websites we are able to keep an eye of each one easier for qualilty control.

No errors in console, will dig futher.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved