DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

repository module - crashed after upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

just upgraded from dnn 7.4.2 to 8.0.4.

got this error on repository:
        Error: Repository is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException:       
        C:\inetpub\wwwroot\JAGUWebsite\DesktopModules\Repository\Repository.ascx(2): error BC30469: Reference to a non- 
            shared member requires an object reference.

it was originally repository version 3.5.6, but upgraded to repository v4.0 then 4.1 to no avail (still same error above).

I then uninstalled repository module
    and installed version 4.0 again, but still get same error when adding new module to a page.

Veteran Member

I notice that you refer to DNN 8.0.4. I also saw some conversation in the Repository area of GitHub in which Ilpo mentions that you probably need to upgrade to DNN9. And, I also saw a new release this morning. Possible 4.1.1 and DNN 9 will help you.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

just upgraded to dnn 9.3 and it;s better. No error message and i can add a repository module to the page.

although, it's quite flakey. Difficult to move all modules on the page and they sometimes dissapear after a few refreshes (or more likely, they do not save in the first place).

Same thing happens for different modules on different browsers - Edge and Chrome.

I might upgrade to DNN 9.7.1 (although, i think that requires asp.net 4.8 and we're on asp v4.0)

Veteran Member

You should bring it up to the most current version, a lot of UI issues have been fixed since 9.3.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect

Growing Member

just upgraded to the latest version of DNN - 9.7.2 and also using Repository module version 4.1.0

Still have the same issues - whereby new modules can not be added and saved to a page. As soon as a new module is added - the ability to edit and move any module is taken away.

There must be something wrong with my installation. Other than re-creating a brand new DNN installation from scratch - I don't know what else I can do.

(we do have another dnn installation for a different website on a different server and that works ok)

Growing Member

btw, this is often found in my error logs (but i don't understand it)...

2020-10-13 11:04:46,555 [SYPA-MODGOVWEB][Thread:11][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - /JAGUHome/JAGUNews/tabid/135/ctl/UserUpload/mid/1631/Default.aspx
              System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
                 at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
                 at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)
                 at System.Web.HttpResponse.AbortCurrentThread()
                 at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse, Boolean permanent)
                 at DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions.ProcessPageLoadException(Exception exc, String URL)
                 at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Controls.Language.parseTemplate(String template, String locale)
                 at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Controls.Language.handleCommonTemplates()
                 at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Controls.Language.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

Growing Member

i've just read somewhere (https://www.dnncreative.c...f_default%2fNo+Skin) that if the zip file of the upgrade folder wasn't unblocked then it might cause a problem - i've just checked and all the recent upgrades have the grey 'unblock' button. but none of the upgrades reported a problem in the upgrade status report.

could this be an issue?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved