DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to remove TabID methode. Sometimes SEO-Friendly change to TabID by Click on product list filter!

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Do I understand that you have the same e-commerce module installed on several DNN websites, and that all of them produce correct URLs except for one?

Is URLFormat set to "advanced" in all of the installations?

Are all of the DNN installs the same version of DNN? Is it 0.7.0?

You said "sometimes" the non-friendly version of the URL appears? Is it sometimes, or is it always when you use the Manufacturer Filter?

What is different about this problem installation? does it have (or, possibly not have) a URL Rewriter module?

I did visit the website, and I do see that what you describe is correct.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the e-commerce module's formulation of the URL for the filtered pages somehow confuses DNN's URL re-writer, so that it drops back to the not rewriting the URL. Possibly it is "attribute[C3G1F3]=Men" but I really don't know.

Since you say that this only occurs for this specific filtered display, I would guess that there is something in the generated URL that is the problem. Therefore, I think that the advice to get your module's developer involved is the best approach.

Please continue to ask questions, and also remember that all of us here are volunteer helpers. That is the nature of an open source project and the community that supports it.
    Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Dear Mr. Joe

I'm appreciate for your complete and detailed answer. Yes, now I contact to module developer and I explain these professional feedbacks and they accept to check all details again.

The problem is that there is no any problem on other DNN website and this website is upgrade from 7.x to 8.x and 9.x in several years and this may cause to problem in database or other things and they didn't accept that module has problem. So, They accept to check this issue again to find and fix issue.

Again I thank you for your details answer.

Best regards to all nice people that answer me here.

E-Commerce Brokers Website Design and Ecommerce Solution Best Regards
      Armin Rahimian

E-Commerce Brokers
      DNN Services in Middle East
      https://www.ecb.ir

Veteran Member

Posted By Armin Rahimian on 28 Oct 2020 09:38 AM

[...]

Armin,

we are alle nice (incl. Timo, he is one of the nicest persons I know).

The point you should understand (and I remember that I posted this as an answer to you years ago in the "old" DNN forums, when you became quite imperious): DNN Platform is a FREE software developed by the Community for the Community, without any payment. Therefore, we (the Community, and that is including you) are not something like a company, where you BUY software and are in a position to tell them what's going wrong in a more or less angry manner. There is no "support" in the usual way, everything anyone is doing is voluntary and without getting paid. You are welcome to ask questions and ask for help in a polite and decent way. And everyone here is trying to do his best to lead you in the right direction to find a solution. And everyone here (including you) is able to improve the platform, either by reporting issues (here), or by actively removing bugs and implementing new or better features by joining the development team and doing pull requests.

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

Growing Member

Posted By Michael Tobisch on 28 Oct 2020 11:21 AM
          Posted By Armin Rahimian on 28 Oct 2020 09:38 AM

[...]

Armin,

we are alle nice (incl. Timo, he is one of the nicest persons I know).

The point you should understand (and I remember that I posted this as an answer to you years ago in the "old" DNN forums, when you became quite imperious): DNN Platform is a FREE software developed by the Community for the Community, without any payment. Therefore, we (the Community, and that is including you) are not something like a company, where you BUY software and are in a position to tell them what's going wrong in a more or less angry manner. There is no "support" in the usual way, everything anyone is doing is voluntary and without getting paid. You are welcome to ask questions and ask for help in a polite and decent way. And everyone here is trying to do his best to lead you in the right direction to find a solution. And everyone here (including you) is able to improve the platform, either by reporting issues (here), or by actively removing bugs and implementing new or better features by joining the development team and doing pull requests.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Exactly all are nice incl. Timo, I agree with you and your notes and I support also.

Why should be angry and who is angry?! maybe it's miss undrestanding from my question about less activity! I just ask why no one answer like years ago! Let's more active like before in old dnn forum and nothing more! :)

I'm active in many other cumminities too and I try answer to other and help them, even somtime directly fix issue for them, depend my knowledge limitation. I didn't receive any payment from no body because this activity make more friends and more knowladge and more experiense for me.
          So, I agree with you and I hope you undrestand my voice and change this wrong mentality that I'm angry :D because It's not :)

E-Commerce Brokers Website Design and Ecommerce Solution Best Regards
          Armin Rahimian

E-Commerce Brokers
          DNN Services in Middle East
          https://www.ecb.ir
          You are not authorized to post a reply.
          Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved