DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Import site to DNN Platform 8.0

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

We have internal Evoq Content 8.1 that we would like downgraded to free (community DNN) version. Downgrading the site seems to be possible but very labor intensive opening a lots of troubleshooting opportunities. 

Another approach would be starting from clean DNN Platform installation and then importing the existing site, but it looks only the newest version 9.1.1 has that option. Not sure why is that so because it does not make sense to have export option if you cannot import.

Thanks in advance!

Veteran Member

Yes, DNN 8 has the ability to import. You will find it under Site Wizard in DNN 8, and you can specify a "template" (an exported site) when create a new site in DNN 8.

Since you are trying to export from Evoq and import into Platform, an obvious pain point will be that the HTML modules on Evoq and Platform are different, to that export/import part will not work without some intervention.

If you poke around you should find some information on downgrading Evoq to Platform, and you can find some names of people you can give you advice or help.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thank you Joe!

I tried that, but nothing happens. I get the spining wheel, and after couple of minutes it disappears, still showing the same wizard page with list of templates. I am assuming it is choking on different table setup, but I will be poking deeper into that.

Veteran Member

8.1 Evoq to which Platform version?

Check the Event Log and also the log4net logs to see if something is reported there.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

DNN Platform that I was testing is 8.0, but I was going to use any version that would work with the export.

However, our management just changed the course today, and we will abandon this migration effort.

I appreciate very much your willingness to help! Best regards!

Veteran Member

Posted By Goran CoD on 17 Jul 2019 02:04 PM

However, our management just changed the course today, and we will abandon this migration effort.

What did the management team decide to do instead?

Depending on the size of the website, downgrading from Evoq to Platform can indeed be easier by simply starting with a clean Platform website and then migrating the content and configuration.  Also, it's easier/better to do that on a more recent version of DNN.  :) 

New Around Here

This migration was going to be 1-2 year temporary solution. They decided to go straight to the final destination and merge that site with another non-DNN site, but allowed slower transition - basically content copy-paste job, but with architecture re-do.

Thanks!

Veteran Member

Posted By Goran CoD on 19 Jul 2019 01:23 PM

They decided to go straight to the final destination and merge that site with another non-DNN site.

This makes me sad.  Are you able to say what the other non-DNN solution is?

New Around Here

Hi,

We have intsall the DNN Platform version 9.3.2 and imported the roles and users from DNN Evoq Basic 9.1.1.

And suddenly the html contnent and the module started disappearing in View mode. We can see the content in edit mode but not in view mode. Can you please let me know if you have come across any issue like this and way to solve it

Thanks

Veteran Member

Posted By Tejal on 01 Apr 2020 05:01 PM

Hi,

We have intsall the DNN Platform version 9.3.2 and imported the roles and users from DNN Evoq Basic 9.1.1.

And suddenly the html contnent and the module started disappearing in View mode. We can see the content in edit mode but not in view mode. Can you please let me know if you have come across any issue like this and way to solve it

Thanks

How did you import the users and roles?  Depending on how you did it, you may have also included Evoq-specific data values that could be confusing the core of DNN. 

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved