DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

EVENTS module responsive view

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi DNN Folk.

I have a page with the EVENTS module and the Default view is the Month View.
    Is there a way to change that to List View when the page goes phone size? (I'm going Responsive via CSS Media Query)

So far my only working solution is to have a sperate "List View" only copy (that taps the real one) on the same page and Hide/Show the one I need via CCS. But that is really cumbersome. 
    Infomercial quote - "There must be a better way."

[Using version EVENTS 6.3.1 at this moment.]

Thanks for any insight.
    Cube

Veteran Member

I think you would have to create your own template for that, the default templates the come with the module don't have that option AFAIK.

Growing Member

I think your idea for media queries and two Events modules is a good idea.

New Around Here

Thanks for the kind words Mark.
          Timo 40fingers is awesome!

Concerning: Force List View at phone size.
          Yea,we were redoing our Calendar page. So I thought I’d revisit my old solution; improve it.
          But this is beyond me. It appears if you when you click the ‘list view’ icon it sets an http only session cookie to value EventList.ascx. I see no way to make that switch happen via my little media query.

I’ll just stick with the Module swap for now. It works. Going to leave it the way it is and move on.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved