DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

disable /VerificationSuccess/true

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi,

I use a DNN verified user registration and a custom registration module /myCustomPageWithLogin
    and this page is a dynamic page like myCustomPageWithLogin?ID=3132 which at return become myCustomPageWithLogin/ID/3132 but still working
    In order to verify the users email I have a regular DNN Login module with permission for Unverified Users. 
    The registration module is sending this link to verify and in the same time I want to return to the dynamic URL

https://domain.com/myCust...ageWithLogin/ID/3132

but seems that the DNN Login it returns allways to the root page where the login module is myCustomPageWithLogin/VerificationSuccess/true

How I can disable this verification success link and redirect to my custom link? There is a way to verify the users other than using verification code?

thank you!

Veteran Member

Can you please explain the situation differently? I'm not really understanding your question.

Which version of DNN are you using?

You mention a custom registration module. Please provide some more details there.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hi Joe,

I do use XMOD Pro & FormX with a custom Registration module and I can create a custom email with validation code in it. And this link has to point a page where the DNN Login module in Uverified Users permission mode in on that page so the User gets approved. 
        Just that the Login Module is rewiriting the link I created allways with   domain.com/mypage/VerificationSuccess/true
        My need is actually to return to a dynamic page I have in the domain.com/mypage?ID=999
        So I startedo to create a workaround but I got another issue: Even I have updated the UsersPortal Autorised=1 and Change the roles form UnverifiedUser to RegisteredUser and the users Show: Authorized, the flag in Account Data is still False. Then, after a while, magically it updated. And this explains me why in the past some user created the accounts and complained that the verified email did not worked.... Any explanation for this behavior? 

https://ibb.co/vxGLTF4

New Around Here

The issue was cache. I overcome the issue adding to Registerd Users after the main stored procedure.
          Still if the DNN Login will be changed to permit to disable the confirmation message then I could use it. For now I had to create a custom email validation.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved