DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to enable 9.8 Resource Manager?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Growing Member

Just upgraded to DNN 9.8 and am wondering how to switch to the new optional Resource Manager. The Release Notes say:

• Implemented a new optional file manager called Resource Manager #4152

but do not say how to switch from the old file manager to the new one. Where do I find the instructions?

Veteran Member

Actually, it does on https://github.com/dnnsof.../releases/tag/v9.8.0

But not visually attractive :-) 

If you want in v9.8.0 to remove the Telerik library, here are the steps to do so (please note this may also break any other 3rd party module that depends on Telerik):

1. Take a full backup of the site and database.
      2. In Extensions > Available Extensions > Modules : Install the Resource Manager module.
      3. Navigate to Site Assets, remove the Digital Assets manager module from the page, insert an instance of the Resource Manager.
      4. Repeat step 3 but for the Global Assets page.
      5. In SQL Console Run the following command:
      UPDATE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Packages
      SET IsSystemPackage = 0
      WHERE Name IN ('DigitalAssetsManagement', 'DotNetNuke.Telerik.Web', 'DotNetNuke.Web.Deprecated', 'DotNetNuke.Website.Deprecated')

1. Go to Servers and Clear cache.
      2. In Extensions > Modules , uninstall Digital Assets Manager (Tick delete files).
      3. In Extensions > Libraries, uninstall DotNetNuke Telerik Web Components (Tick delete files).
      4. In Extensions > Libraries, uninstall DNN Deprecated Web Controls Library (Tick delete files).
      5. In Extensions > Libraries, uninstall DotNetNuke Deprecated Website Codebehind files (Tick delete files).
      6. Open the web.config file and search for Telerik, delete any lines that reference it.
      7. Verify in bin folder, there is no dlls including the word Telerik.
      8. Test your 3rd party modules to make sure they still work without Telerik.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

Since it said "want in v9.8.0 to remove the Telerik library", I presumed those instructions would not apply if you were not ready to remove Telerik.
        Is it possible to perform only steps 1-7 and keep the Telerik-dependent modules for awhile and still have the new Resource Manager?

Growing Member

Also, in step 9:

" In Extensions > Libraries, uninstall DNN Deprecated Web Controls Library (Tick delete files). "

There is no Delete button for that, just a pencil for editing, but no trash can. Editing does not show a Delete button either.

Is there some way to enable Delete for that library?

New Around Here

Can you confirm that you completed Steps 5 and 6? By doing so, you should then see the checkbox to delete the files since it won't be marked as a system extension.

Growing Member

Yes, confirmed. I ran the SQL script again and cleared cache again just to be sure, but no change for the Library called:
              DNN Deprecated Web Controls Library
              Just the pencil icon.

Growing Member

I just went into SSMS and checked the record for 'DotNetNuke.Web.Deprecated' and the field called 'IsSystemPackage' is definitely set to zero. However, the 'FolderName' field is empty!

Veteran Member

Take a look at DNNDave's https://youtu.be/JNgXXSOQBTs recorded earlier today. It has all of the details on how to do the manual removal of the Telerik stuff.
                  Joe Craig
                  DNN MVP
                  Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

i have the same Problem here with different Installation...
                    There is no Delete button for that, just a pencil for editing, but no trash can. Editing does not show a Delete button either.

i make all the steps but no chanche to delete DNN Deprecated Web Controls Library
                    shows only a pencil...

New Around Here

I had the same problem, because of an old dependency between HTML-module and "DNN Deprecated Web Controls Library", which is probably a legacy entry in the table "PackageDependencies" since DNN7 or earlier.

You can check it by running this SQL command "EXEC GetPackageDependencies".

In my case, deleting the record in PackageDependencies solved it and let me remove "DNN Deprecated Web Controls Library" by clicking the trash-icon.

For more info, see this Github issue: https://github.com/dnnsof...Platform/issues/4199
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved