DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Custom Registration and Display Name field

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I'm using 9.1.  I'm using the custom registration option.  One of the fields I've added to registration is "Display Name".  It's required.  Upon registering a user I noticed that the Display Name I asked for shows up on the User's profile page under the tab "Manage Profile."  Under the tab "Manage Account" is another "Display Name" field but it is blank and it shows it's required.  The problem is that the users must fill out that information again in order to proceed and just makes for a bad user experience. 

I'd either like both "Display Name" fields to draw from the same table and therefore sync or be able to remove the Display Name field from the "Manage Account."  thank you.

Veteran Member

I'd delete the Profile property "Display name". Account property "displayname" should be sufficient and editing by the user himself is already supported by DNN out of the box.

New Around Here

I need a "display name" field to be present during registration.  My users won't come back to add that after they've been verified.

Veteran Member

Is there anything that prevents you from using the default displayname field on the custom registration form. You should be able to use it just like the name fields or email address.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved