DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Leading DNN Hosting Site Down

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 6 << < 12345 > >>

New Around Here

Is yours still up? I'm still down. They did answer the phone this morning, but no estimate. I have backups from the 10th but I can't find a decent DNN hosting platform that comes close to Managed.com

New Around Here

My site is still down. Beginning to give up all hope as to whether Managed.com can resolve the matter, especially since they keep using the same boilerplate text to inform us of the initial attack. I gave up trying to call into their help desk. 

New Around Here

I just noticed that Managed.com's website is now back up, so maybe there is hope. Anyone else's site back up?

New Around Here

That is promising however my stuff remains down. I too am curious if anyone is back up and live? What's odd is if you check the server status from the client portal it shows a good portion of the servers as green now, or active, for HTTP. If that's accurate hopefully they are moving in the right direction.

Veteran Member

Take a look at https://dnncommunity.org/forums/aft/1747.

Indeed, sites are coming back.  One of my sites are back late yesterday afternoon  All but one are back today, and intact.  The one that isn't back I have hopes for.

Managed seems to be contacting account owners by email to let them know if sites have been recovered.  They are using phone notification for bad news, at least in one case of which I am aware.

If you have the ability to log into your account's control panel, give it a try.  If you can login and get to Pleask, that's a sign of good news.  And, it may be that Plesk is availabe prior to DNN sites being responsive.  This is a guess on my part.

There are other really good hosting companies.  Google around and you are likely to find them.  If you have or can get backups, you can rehost your DNN sites with one of them.

Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Well I received the phone call last night - "I'm sorry but all your sites are lost!" It was from a Deluxe person, not Managed.com.

Like many of us I did not keep off site backups, so am faced with some challenges ahead.

So my day starts by working out how to protect myself and my company from my (soon to be ex?) clients and how to proceed with those who will stay with me.

The big question is who do I use for hosting now? My initial reaction is there is no better supplier of DNN hosting, but if you know better?

Simon Thompson UK

Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that Simon...

I guess many of us have been on the look out for alternatives.
                Of course there is DNN4less. And you could go with Azure.
                But you could also take a look at https://www.dnnsharp.com/hosting. For just one small website is doesn't make sense but if you have 10 or more, the pricing is in line with what you might expect. With some great extra's. I don't know if they offer 24x7 support, though. 

Best of luck. Hope you find the strength to fight back. Besides the financial aspects this is also a 'mindgame'. Don't let it win. 

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
                Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
                We just love DNN
                https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Hi Tycho,

Thanks so much posting this. In the meantime, we've incorporated our hosting service into the Plant an App platform, https://www.dnnsharp.com/platform/app-builder.

What we do differently is we host everything on AWS isolated VMs, do automated daily backups through AWS Snapshots that are securely and redundantly stored, run various scheduled maintenance jobs and alerting systems. But the true value that our customers get is having a single provider for technology that accelerates building software really fast. Hosting is something that happens transparently to deliver this technology. We do offer 24x7 support for critical support. For standard support, it depends on the SLA level for each plan.

To be fully transparent, our hosting infrastructure is too much for a simple website. We designed it for smarter websites, such as backoffice or intranet kind of systems, where it's a lot about data, business logic and integrations with other systems.

Veteran Member

FYI, I have one client hosting an individual site @ managed and got a reply
                    (on a ticket in https://portal.managed.com/) that they do have backups but no ETA when the site will be restored.

New Around Here

Yes, they better have backups or else they are going to face a multitude of lawsuits. All I want at this point in time are my site files, so that I can go host it elsewhere. It's obvious that they may not have a disaster recovery plan in operation at the company or they would have resolved the problem by now.

P.S. I spoke to a customer service rep yesterday and he said it may not have been a ransomware problem after all. I think it was a slip of the tongue by the way he paused or corrected himself after stating it. They are being very cagey about the entire problem. You should be honest with your customers, not string them along.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 3 of 6 << < 12345 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved