DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Leading DNN Hosting Site Down

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 6 << < 23456 > >>

New Around Here

None of my sites are back yet either. I set up a managed server with Dnn4Less and it has been a great experience. Even as busy as they must be. I'm rebuilding my most critical client sites. Overall though, after I explained the situation, my clients have by and large been understanding - even supportive. A delightful surprise!
    I too hope Managed.com has back ups - I can't even estimate the workload if they don't. They've been great for a lot of years so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Lessons Learned:
    Offsite backups - perhaps not daily, but something to give a starting point should something like this happen again.
    More than one hosting company - don't put all your eggs in one basket.
    The Value of maintaining client relationships - my clients surprised me with how positively they reacted.

New Around Here

Yes, I feel for you John and all the others that are hosting multiple sites on Managed.com. I can't imagine the pressure if you have multiple client sites that you are managing as a business. Talk about pressure! I'm currently splitting up my site and re-creating the corporate portion using GoDaddy's website builder. It's pretty much brochureware, so it's perfect for my needs. This way, if they are hit again or whomever I'm hosting with it won't take down my entire online professional realm in one swoop. Live and learn! :-)

Veteran Member

I find it interesting that there's not been a single mention here of the criminals who perpetrated this act and of the criminals who made it possible.

To a large extent, Managed.com is also a victim (perhaps the greatest victim) here. Have some compassion, please. Companies, businesses and dreams have been severely damages or destroyed. For those of us who have survived unscathed, perhaps there are ways in which we can help in the rebuilding.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

I was in discussion with my insurer's CyberCrime team on Friday. The technical guy said it is a well known criminal hacking group called "Revel or Rebel" (?). Their comment was this second biggest hack of all time.

No help to those of us impacted of course. 

Simon Thompson UK

Veteran Member

Posted By Simon Thompson on 22 Nov 2020 05:36 AM

I was in discussion with my insurer's CyberCrime team on Friday. The technical guy said it is a well known criminal hacking group called "Revel or Rebel" (?). Their comment was this second biggest hack of all time.

No help to those of us impacted of course. 

Simon Thompson UK

REvil is the Ransomeware As A Service. We live in a sick world where you can hire this kind of stuff.
            https://www.bleepingcompu...rovider-500k-ransom/

The people behind the ransomeware run a 100M per year 'business'. REvil is also known as Sodinokibi.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

I just received a call from Managed.com to say my server was restored and all sites back up and running! After complaining here I wanted to close the loop with some positive news. I hope there are lots of such calls going out.

Veteran Member

Posted By John Kepko on 22 Nov 2020 11:27 AM
                I just received a call from Managed.com to say my server was restored and all sites back up and running! After complaining here I wanted to close the loop with some positive news. I hope there are lots of such calls going out.

Was that your own server or did you run your websites on shared hosting?

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
                Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
                We just love DNN
                https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

They ought to use a combination of Seal Team Six and Predator Drones to shut them down for good. To hell with sovereignity. 

New Around Here

Tycho - that was a middle tier managed server account with Managed.com

Growing Member

John,

I have taken a Managed VPS with DNN4less but am finding the service not as good as Managed.

I am struggling to get past first base and install my first site. I relied on the Control Panel in Managed for that task and see very few references to DNN in the Plesk panel and most fo those are old. 

I am feeling I have been led up a path here.

What am I missing?

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 4 of 6 << < 23456 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved