DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Recovering from the Managed.com event

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Veteran Member

From personal experience, servers operated by Managed.com are coming back online.  For some this is great news.  For others, the news is quite bad, and those folks are hurt badly.

This is one of those times where the community can come together and provice relief in the face of a real disaster.

I have time that I can donate to help those needing it.  I'm sure that many of you do, also.  So, if you are able and willing to help, please add to this thread with information on how people can contact you.

In my case, use the Contact Us form at the website listed in my signature.

Should anyone have ideas as to how we could bring forth a coordinated effort, that is also worthy of discussion, but let's keep this thread free for offers of help only.

Let's step up as a community to help our members in need.

(Note, I'm not suggesting financial help, only technical help.  That one is a real can of worms, I fear!)

Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Joe,

Do you have knowledge as to how useful obtaining backups from the Internet Archive is?

The instrucitons I read at https://www.waybackmachin...rom-wayback-machine/ are heavily WP focused. Sould I just get the data and then build it back into a new DNN site the normal way?

Regards

Simon Thompson UK

New Around Here

Simon - I just used wayback to get some actual content back and then built the site on a new install. In a couple of cases I also used the Google cached page.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved