DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Editing content changes layout

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello there,

I have Xcilion and Xilion V2.0. On the default homepage, under Conntect and Participate, there are 2 rows with 3 tiles in each. There is a papragraph under 2 rows. When I click on pencil to edit content. As soon as I save the content 3 tiles go away and end up with one tile per row. I have even tried working in source code thinking that may be editor is doing something strange things.

Any idea why is this happening?

Joe

Veteran Member

It's probably that your editing broke some HTML tags that aren't visible in the WYSIWYG editor window.

That particular module to which you refer contains a complex HTML construct that includes Bootstrap formatting and other tags. If you want to edit it, it's best to edit in "source" mode where you can see the raw HTML and make sure that you don't alter the design of the content.

IMHO, something like this is only for those who know what they are doing! As an example of how to build a website, I think that it is a terrible example!

The "Every journey begins..." content, while less complicated if equally bad!

BTW, the content on the home page has little to do with the skin.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Sounds like the CKeditor is stripping code. Working in source code might not be enough. If you set the source to raw, there is the best bet things remain intact.

If indeed the Editor is stripping code, you can change this in the HTML editor manager (Settings, site settings, More)
        So you can say that class or span or...whatever should remain intact
        Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
        Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
        We just love DNN
        https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved