DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Search (Results) module

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello, 

Another newbie question. Is there a place where i can find some more information about how DNN Search works? I found this page, but i find the information very concise. 

Questions that I have: 

• Is there a way to configure HOW a search result should be presented (showing page title, never module title)
    • What do the different options in the drop down "Results Scope for Content Type(s)" mean? 
      • In some of our website I see the option "pagina\u0027s": what does that mean? 
      • What is the difference betwee Content and Apps? 
      • What is the content type Journal?
    • Is it possible to configure specific pages or parts of a page tree that should be searched? 
    • I have a 2SIC-app, to make a dictionary. How come the Dictionary page turns up in search results for some terms, but not all? 

I couldn't find more information on this on the web, but maybe I haven't looked properly yet ..?

Groeten, 

Sytske van Hasselt, Amsterdam

New Around Here

Great post/questions. I plan to follow this. I've solved or at least played with a few of the items covered in this article.
      http://dnnuke.blogspot.co...arch-and-search.html

But I do wish there was a better, cleaner what to build a custom search results view without going full-on developer.

Veteran Member

Posted By Jeremy Farrance on 30 Jul 2019 07:47 PM
        Great post/questions. I plan to follow this. I've solved or at least played with a few of the items covered in this article.
        http://dnnuke.blogspot.co...arch-and-search.html

But I do wish there was a better, cleaner what to build a custom search results view without going full-on developer.

I agree that it would be good is the search results had more settings  / were templatable.
        BTW, I normally use CSS to hide parts (like advanced) and the advantage of that is that it "survivies" a DNN upgrade.

New Around Here

Hi Jeremy, 

Thanks for the link to your blogpost! If I understand correctly, you achieve all this by altering various script files that come with each installation. Like Timo our front ender styles away most elements in the search results. 

And you haven't updated this information since 2013. Is it still applicable to DNN9.3.2? 

Sincerly, Sytske van Hasselt, Amsterdam

Veteran Member

Posted By Sytske on 30 Jul 2019 06:15 AM

Hello, 

Another newbie question. Is there a place where i can find some more information about how DNN Search works? I found this page, but i find the information very concise. 

Questions that I have: 

• Is there a way to configure HOW a search result should be presented (showing page title, never module title)
            • What do the different options in the drop down "Results Scope for Content Type(s)" mean? 
              • In some of our website I see the option "pagina\u0027s": what does that mean? 
              • What is the difference betwee Content and Apps? 
              • What is the content type Journal?
            • Is it possible to configure specific pages or parts of a page tree that should be searched? 
            • I have a 2SIC-app, to make a dictionary. How come the Dictionary page turns up in search results for some terms, but not all? 

I couldn't find more information on this on the web, but maybe I haven't looked properly yet ..?

Groeten, 

Sytske van Hasselt, Amsterdam

To add a bit more info before I take my plane to Portugal:

- The difference between content and apps sounds 2SXC related. There is the content module (that's where your bootstrap 3/4 content types live) and the apps module (owl slider, accordeon, news or other more complex 'apps'). 

- If you want more control on the indexing and results, I highly recommend Search Boost. 

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved