Posted By Sytske on 30 Jul 2019 06:15 AM
Another newbie question. Is there a place where i can find some more information about how DNN Search works? I found this page, but i find the information very concise.
Questions that I have:
- Is there a way to configure HOW a search result should be presented (showing page title, never module title)
- What do the different options in the drop down "Results Scope for Content Type(s)" mean?
- In some of our website I see the option "pagina\u0027s": what does that mean?
- What is the difference betwee Content and Apps?
- What is the content type Journal?
- Is it possible to configure specific pages or parts of a page tree that should be searched?
- I have a 2SIC-app, to make a dictionary. How come the Dictionary page turns up in search results for some terms, but not all?
I couldn't find more information on this on the web, but maybe I haven't looked properly yet ..?
Sytske van Hasselt, Amsterdam
To add a bit more info before I take my plane to Portugal:
- The difference between content and apps sounds 2SXC related. There is the content module (that's where your bootstrap 3/4 content types live) and the apps module (owl slider, accordeon, news or other more complex 'apps').
- If you want more control on the indexing and results, I highly recommend Search Boost.