• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

Looking for Contact Us module

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Posted By Santiago on 01 Aug 2019 05:58 AM
    Posted By Michael Tobisch on 01 Aug 2019 03:13 AM
    [...]

Thanks Michael, I've tried an open platform like XMOD and it was too complicated to get setup for the time I have or the documentation was lacking which I find is common with many modules. The GitHub link you sent, do I download a .zip and then just upload that as the extension in DNN? 

Santiago,

I think that it is that. Find some documentation here.

Happy DNNing!
    Michael

Michael Tobisch
    DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
    DNN Usergroup für den deutschsprachigen Raum
    DNN Connect

Basic Member

Basic Member

Posted By Santiago on 01 Aug 2019 06:00 AM

Thanks @Tycho, do you know how this ACtionForm compares to XMOD? 

Actually I don't :-) 
      I gave Xmod a try quite a while ago but I knew even less about coding than I do now. My feeling is that much like the DNN sharp suite, Mandeeps suite, OpenContent/OpenForms and 2SXC/Mobiusforms it is a Swiss army knife that will allow you to build just about anything. 

For me, as a tech savvy marketeer, ActionForm was the most accessible and had at that time some add ons I needed. Nowadays Mandeeps has pretty much the same but I got hooked on the DNNSharp suite as ActionForm connects to ActionGrid and MyTokens. This holy trinity opened up a world of possibillities for me. 

If you just need a contact form and you know a bit of HTML, the open source options OpenForms or Mobius will most likely be sufficient. If you need a more drag&drop experience and think functionality might need expanding in the future, one of the commercial modules will save you a lot of time.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

My personal favorite DNN extensions for any forms that we don't custom build are:

Will Strohl

Upendo Ventures Upendo Ventures
        DNN experts since 2003
        Official provider of the Hotcakes Commerce Cloud and SLA support

Basic Member

Basic Member

Don't forget the core modules:

https://github.com/DNNCommunity/DNN.Feedback is simpler and focused on very simple use cases for contract and/or showing feedback on a site. If you don't use the feedback portion, the submit form still works.

https://github.com/DNNCommunity/DNN.FormAndList Is more customizable, a bit more clunky UI than other multi-purpose forms solutions.

But both offer reCaptcha support now, are open source and any improvement is a welcome contribution :)
          You are not authorized to post a reply.
          Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          4. No Flaming or Trolling.
          5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved