DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Admin left - how to use

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Our Developer / Administrator left and sadly no documentation is available.

A colleague of mine is trying to log on and figure out how to use it.  We see DNN related information, we are on a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and think maybe DNN version 7 or version 8?

We see code like this in Microsoft Edge browser - <script src=&quot;/Portals/_default/Skins/Feature-Gray/js/camera.min.js?cdv=19&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;></script></p>

We are trying to reverse engineer this to, one figure out what is used, etc.

So, we have a request to store video's on our webserver.  We had a developer who did it for us, and they are no longer with us now.  So my colleague can log on and get to the "box" and is trying to find the information.  They found the location and now are trying to figure out how to use / find the GUI.

Is there a way to install the GUI "again" or go to a "page" or "link / site" locally that would allow them to get in / use the system?

We see this, or I do in F12 in developer mode in Edge - <script src=&quot;/js/dnn.modalpopup.js?cdv=19&quot; type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;></script></p>

We would like to know how we can log on to the GUI in a web browser (if that is how it works) and get going.  

Thank you!
    Matt

Veteran Member

If your site doesn't show a login link, then try browsing to https://yoursite.com/login.aspx. You will use http instead if the site isn't configured to use https.

Hopefully you have the superuser's username and password. If not, there is likely to be a way to recover it.

Once logged in, you will be able to go to the host/host-setting page. That will tell you the DNN version that you are using. If not, open the database with SQL Server Management Studio and examine the Versions table. Look at the last row for the DNN version number.

Please check back in once you have logged in as superuser, and we can go from there.

It also seems that you could probably benefit from some training from someone experience with DNN. There are a number of people who can do this. If you would like to communicate privately, use the contact link on the website in my signature. I will be happy to provide a number of options for you.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group
      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved