DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Setup existing DNN site

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

A DNN installation consists of:
    1. Files
    2. Database

It looks like you may have a complete copy of the DNN file in Enoc-MultiLingual. Presumably that is the root of the IIS website.

If you do not have a copy of the data base, You can NEVER make it run as a copy of the original website.

It tries to run the installer because there is no database.

(For security reasons, files are removed from the Install directory as that directory could be a security risk.

If you simply want to get an empty DNN website installed on a local (non-production) server or computer, make a clean install. The most straightforward way of doing this is through the use of the nvQuickSite program (https://github.com/nvisionative/nvQuickSite). Get the latest release, install it, and then use it to install DNN.
    Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

If i install new DNN website, then how i can get orignal website. My aim is to setup the orignal website and see all its features.

Growing Member

Posted By MALI on 28 Dec 2020 12:33 AM

If i install new DNN website, then how i can get orignal website. My aim is to setup the orignal website and see all its features.

You will need to get a backup of both the full site files and the database from where the production website is hosted now, and then restore both into your local environment.

Veteran Member

I think this documentation is helpful: Move Site To Another Server -- DNN Docs

Another point that is not mentioned is that you have to change the portal alias in the table PortalAlias to the local environment (the host header you use in IIS). A good choice is any servername in the domain dnndev.me (which always points to 127.0.0.1), eg. test.dnndev.me.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect
          You are not authorized to post a reply.
          Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved