• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

PostGre Database is not being accessed from sql pad

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Yes, I meant, the Host -> SQL page from where you can run the queries. 

When I add a connection string in web.config, I do find it in the dropdown box to select. that works well with exernal databased too, as long as the external database id MS SQL, but if the external database is non-MS-SQL then it does not work. My guess is that it does not recognise the provider attribute of connection string and uses sqlclient only.

If I use the same external database via code (that is create a connection object manually) then it works.

I think this may be considered as a bug, and shall be taken care in next version

Basic Member

Basic Member

DNN is using internally .Net methods, which are MS SQL specific, i.e. the only simple fix would be checking the connection string to contain a supported provider.

We are providing the provider name in the connection string, have a var the SQL console overrides that and uses only the SQL client
        You are not authorized to post a reply.
        Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        4. No Flaming or Trolling.
        5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved