DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Personabar Pages ellipsis and indent

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

The fact that pagenames are being truncated in the PersonaBar Pages module treeview can be considered to be a problem. Content editors and managers will in case of pagenames with say more than 4-5 letters and a deeper page structure consisting og multiple levels of subpages find this UI interface difficult to navigate. I believe the PersonaBar module is a part of every DNN update so as a developer you can't just fix this problem with a customized workaround. That is why I am making this request asking whether it would be possible to integrate a more flexible layout in a coming release where a user would have the possibility to enlarge the treeview part of the PersonaBar iframe or perhaps make use of horizontal scrolling.

Hopefully below screen print might help make this issue somewhat clearer.

In case I have overlooked something like a possibility of setting up the PersonaBar Pages module within a config file or UI I would be grateful if someone would let me know.

New Around Here

Since this post hasn't received any comments at all I gather this proposition of optimizing the PersonaBar Pages module will not be considered?

Veteran Member

I agree that's annoying, but I'm not sure what the "easy fix" would be for this.
        BTW, you will see the fullname when you hover the item.
        I had the idea that there already was an issue for this on Github, but I can't find it.

So,

As DNN is now fully Community driven, you can suggest improvements on GitHub.

If any of the volunteers decides to spend time on working on the issue(s) you logged, the fix could get incorporated in a future version of DNN, but there is no guarantee.

As an alternative you can do a pull request yourself, or even pay someone to do this for you, if the change is important to you. In that case it is always wise to first have a conversation about the proposed changes on GitHub. This can improve the chance that the fix will be accepted.

New Around Here

Hi Timo 
          Thanks for your thorough response regarding the DNN improvement process - this is a very helpful piece of knowledge.
          At first I  am going to make this suggestion to the community at  GitHub. 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved