DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Can't edit certain pages on DNN site after upgrade to 9.01.01

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello,

We recently upgraded one of our client sites to 09.01.01 to address a Telerik vulnerability, and then had to migrate the site from managed.com to Azure due to manage.com's outage.  After the upgrade, a couple of pages on the site have been uneditable using the pencil icon in the persona bar, although the rest work fine.  We're aware of the workaround of going into content > pages and clicking the pencil icon there, but even then not all of the areas on the page are editable.  For example, there's one instance of the HTML module on the homepage where when you click on its pencil and then click "Edit Content," it just displays a pop-up with the text but no WYSIWYG or way to actually edit.  Other instances of the HTML module work fine, on other pages and even other areas of the homepage. 

What's more bizarre is that we just spun up another Azure VM and created a dev site from a clone of the live site so we could troubleshoot further, and this problem does NOT occur on that site even though it's an exact copy of the live site files and database and both sites are hosted in Azure.

Does anyone have advice on what might be causing this or how to troubleshoot? My original though was to clone the page and start removing modules one by one to see if anything made a difference, but it doesn't actually remove the module when I click delete.  I've read about ways to do this directly in the database, but I'd prefer to avoid that if possible, especially since we're not seeing the same problem on the cloned site.

Thanks,
    Pam

Veteran Member

Can anyone help with this?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hi

I have a totally bizarre variant of this problem.

I have a DNN Platform 9.5.0, onto which I have migrated a number of site. The sites all use colour variants of Creative skins.

On one portal of the website I can open the editor and I get full functionality and on another I just get Edit Content I can switch between Rich Text Editor and Basic Text Editor - which does allow me to edit the HTML.

If someone like Joe Craig would like to Zoom - most happy to show the issue.

New Around Here

The reason might be your DNN instance has not upgraded properly.

1) Try to upgrade to the latest stable DNN version. Upgrade your modules and HTML editor.
          2) Secondly check if you are using the same skin for all your working pages and uneatable pages. Then switch to the default skin and see still you have the same issue.
          3) Thirdly check if you have added any custom CSS. You can go to the "Custom CSS" in the persona bar file and check. Also, check the page settings. Also, check if you have added any custom CSS files through the skin.
          4) Check what are the modules you have added on this page. This might be a CSS or JavaScript conflicting with Some third party module. You can move the same module to a blank page and then check to confirm this.

Please, check those and tell me the result. There are some other steps also to troubleshoot the issue.
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved